Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine

Would love to see him go full Patrick Roy on Leafs management next time. 2023 version: Camera follows him off the ice, down the hallway, up some stairs, into an elevator, up some more stairs, then past security into the GM's suite, catches his breath then wheezes "trade me right f***ing now."

Reactions: DaveG

Anton Dubinchuk

aho
Sponsor
Jul 18, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Seeing a number of posts about the upcoming vengeance game between the Canes & the Rags re: Aho and the Adam Fox collision incident earlier in the season. Hope it's just coming from their fans...

Man they really think about us a lot while simultaneously telling us how they own us and how irrelevant we are…

I’d forgotten altogether lol.

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Man they really think about us a lot while simultaneously telling us how they own us and how irrelevant we are…

I’d forgotten altogether lol.
1704087459683.png

Want to see how screwy the league is?

By the rules, this play was correct. No whistle was blown, because no Tampa player pressured the goalie to cause a stoppage, so play continued.

But then you remember this gem from last year:

It's like watching the Canes games... we'll be going after a clearly loose puck and ref will quick whistle, then our goalie and 5 guys will be covering the puck in our crease and they're like "my x-ray vision says it's still free"

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Winnipeg re-signed their top 2 players to long-term deals to stay and is second in the Central in a solid playoff spot.

I understand Sharks fans passing on watching that abomination. What's up in Winnipeg??

Reactions: DaveG

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
Winnipeg re-signed their top 2 players to long-term deals to stay and is second in the Central in a solid playoff spot.

I understand Sharks fans passing on watching that abomination. What's up in Winnipeg??

Owner was crying poor this past summer but he's among the richest Canadians.

Past team performance too but billionaire owners crying poor will piss people off no question.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Nylander and Toronto’s potential deal. They don’t learn
I realize Tavares won’t be coming back after next season, or if he does it’s a big drop off in AAV. But if I had to pick an elite wing to pay with Matthews, I’d pick Marner over Nylander easy.

Do they think because Tavares is likely done as an elite C they have space to pay Matthews + Marner + Nylander?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad