Around The League 40: As we barrel towards 40 teams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
Mack Mac is on waivers in STL. I thought he was a great fit here, but obviously it would only make sense if there’s a spot to keep him up.

Right kind of player for the spot we’d have tho.
Bunting-Aho-Jarvis
TT-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Fast
Lemieux-Drury-Noesen

I don't think another 4th liner is what they need right now. I'd rather Suzuki or FUS in the top 6 for a couple games until Svechnikov is ready than pick up MacMac to likely sit Drury.

Eventually, Svech slots in at LW and bumps at least Teuvo and Martinook down a line; maybe even Bunting to 2LW. Are you then sitting MacMac in the press box or putting him on waivers in hopes STL will take him back?

Bub

I like griping
Jul 5, 2006
Maine
I was going to say, a used, and completely full condom?

Although I wouldn't have a problem seeing Skinner raise the cup in the very first playoff series he actually got to be a part of- that kid earned it.

Presented without comment.

pats bills.jpg

chaz4hockey

Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Bunting-Aho-Jarvis
TT-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Fast
Lemieux-Drury-Noesen

I don't think another 4th liner is what they need right now. I'd rather Suzuki or FUS in the top 6 for a couple games until Svechnikov is ready than pick up MacMac to likely sit Drury.

Eventually, Svech slots in at LW and bumps at least Teuvo and Martinook down a line; maybe even Bunting to 2LW. Are you then sitting MacMac in the press box or putting him on waivers in hopes STL will take him back?
Agreed.

Pre pre-season, I thought Pono was the guy most likely to make the roster but Suzuki played really well in the pre-season. With both out with injuries, that opens up the door for FUS but I'd think the Canes will let him play in Europe this year.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Coghlan being waived means we can now dress Svech for Opening Night and not have to make an additional roster move.

Not that it will happen, but now we have the runway cleared for his departure once they pass all preflight checks.

bleedgreen

Dec 8, 2003
colorado
Visit site
Bunting-Aho-Jarvis
TT-Kotkaniemi-Necas
Martinook-Staal-Fast
Lemieux-Drury-Noesen

Oh I know, though I’d take Mac over Lemieux any day. That was my point. If Rod is going to prefer more of a vet in one of those roles then that’s the guy I’d choose. I’d prefer one of the kids over both.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
Oh I know, though I’d take Mac over Lemieux any day. That was my point. If Rod is going to prefer more of a vet in one of those roles then that’s the guy I’d choose. I’d prefer one of the kids over both.
I mean I completely agree with this.

If Svech can't start the season, make that 4th line
FUS-Drury-Noesen and just let them skate circles out there every shift. And there's a part of me that wishes we could do that every night with our lines.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
BUF has Thompson and Cozens locked in for the next 7 years at a combined $14.25mm; they could afford a slight overpay here though this probably looks pretty damn good in 3-4 years. Their only big question is how Skinner holds up for the next 3 years at $9mm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad