GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Genuinely, I just don't get how Huberdeau (and Markstrom, to some extent) has been this bad.

Kadri, sure. Last season was unsustainable, but Huberdeau has legitimately been one of the better players in the NHL for the past 5 seasons.

I dont believe Tkachuk stirred the drink that significantly for that team. Nor do I believe Gaudreau is that much of a different player than Huberdeau. Does the team all hate Sutter that much? Does Huberdeau so desperately need a(nother) power forward on his line? Is Barkov that good?

Markstrom, I mean, we broke him. So I get what happened.
Huberdeau and Gaudreau aren't very comparable players.

Gaudreau is miles better at actually transporting the puck.

Reactions: nabob and Oilhawks

CantHaveTkachev

Legends
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
Genuinely, I just don't get how Huberdeau (and Markstrom, to some extent) has been this bad.

Kadri, sure. Last season was unsustainable, but Huberdeau has legitimately been one of the better players in the NHL for the past 5 seasons.

I dont believe Tkachuk stirred the drink that significantly for that team. Nor do I believe Gaudreau is that much of a different player than Huberdeau. Does the team all hate Sutter that much? Does Huberdeau so desperately need a(nother) power forward on his line? Is Barkov that good?

Markstrom, I mean, we broke him. So I get what happened.
like I said in the summer, Huberdeau has never been the "line driver" on his team, never been the offensive leader

now he's expected to be that guy after always living in the shadow of Barkov...in a new city and country and new culture

and now has to live up to the pressure of that brutal contract

Reactions: nabob

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
And rumors of a rift between the coach and Kadri/Huberdeau. Great times. Looking forward to Lindholm/Hanifin/Toffoli leaving after next year as well.

Calgary is a mess. They are not even close to being a good team.

nah they're a great team that has had an anomaly of a season, the worst luck of any NHL team ever. if they could find a way to score one more goal a game they'd be leading the west.

leopoldbstotch

Feb 17, 2023
nah they're a great team that has had an anomaly of a season, the worst luck of any NHL team ever. if they could find a way to score one more goal a game they'd be leading the west.

Too many goal posts… speaking of goal posts. How many more are they going to move to push their narrative that they are good?!

Reactions: Oilhawks

North

Jun 25, 2009
I'm just not so sure I'd write them off just yet. Winnipeg is sucking horseballs and has been for about 15 games now.

Calgarys final 12 games aren't all against powerhouses. They play Anaheim, Vancouver & San Jose twice each plus another game against the Blackhawks. They're on life support but nowhere near dead, unfortunately.

The funny thing is Calgary has trouble with the supposed gimme games.

Reactions: Oilhawks

kevy9999

Mar 10, 2023
Hahahaha I know it would be better for us if Calgary won but this is amazing to watch.
No it isn't better for us lol who cares where we finish. It doesn't matter one bit as long as we are in playoffs. We have to go through 3 good teams nomatter what to make the finals and quite frankly it's better we start on the road with no pressure and steal a game. You guys obsessing over standings make me laugh. So to finalize it's great flames got their ass kicked because they are an overrated arrogant team and their fans are the dumbest right behind leaf fans. And it makes zero difference to our playoff outcome

Reactions: Oilhawks and TB12

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Well, go look at how many goals the Panthers scored last year.

Sutter has a system that just doesn't mesh well with Huberdeau. They want him to be a player he isnt. He's 30 years old, he is what he is. Let him play his game.

Doesnt help that the only one on that team who can score a goal is Toffoli. Huberdeau got a lot of secondary apples last season. The Flames don't score a lot so he's not getting those.

Between not having many players who can score and being utlizied the wrong way I can see it.
Isn't Huberdeau playing the wrong wing this year too?

Sanchez

Jan 18, 2006
Isn't Huberdeau playing the wrong wing this year too?
Yeah most of the year he was playing on the right side. Sutter finally woke up and switched him back to where he's been the most productive, the left side; just not in Calgary.

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Its interesting, from what I have heard around Calgary, there is some sympathy for Sutter and absolutely none for Tre.

Eventually, people start to see what the real problem is. Tre basically committed cap suicide on behalf of the team last summer and this isn't a problem that can be fixed in short order by a new GM-- if one should come into the picture. Edwards has to wear it too. I'm sure he had to sign off on these deals as well.

leopoldbstotch

Feb 17, 2023
I was listening to 960 on my way to work this morning. I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, the media pushes the narrative for them. They are now hyping up the farm, it’s almost as if they are trying to give the fans false optimism lol. Pelletier and Wolf are not the answer.

• Haha
Reactions: Sanchez

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
Its interesting, from what I have heard around Calgary, there is some sympathy for Sutter and absolutely none for Tre.

Eventually, people start to see what the real problem is. Tre basically committed cap suicide on behalf of the team last summer and this isn't a problem that can be fixed in short order by a new GM-- if one should come into the picture. Edwards has to wear it too. I'm sure he had to sign off on these deals as well.
The word on Twitter and the like is the opposite, and I do think both need to be canned.

That said, Tre was probably pressured by ownership into keeping the sinking ship going.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Huberdeau + Kadri + Mangiapane + Coleman vs Draisaitl + Ekholm + Nuge + Hyman

Starting next year.. one group will be paid $28 million. The other group will be paid $25 million. Guess which one is which... lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $6,201.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino