GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

iCanada

Feb 6, 2010
Edmonton
Matt Tkachuk is one of the biggest d-bags in hockey..

But he’s up to 8 points with another goal and assist tonight
Glad he’s out of the division

The shit he pulled on Kucherov kind of unreal.

I'm surprised the Lightning didn't take a larger exception to it, tbh. He slashes their best player, slewfoots him, then punches him while he down. Pretty gutless shit. Kucherov left game with head injury.

Ultimately I suppose the Lightning got the W with him in the box, but man. I'd be pissed if I'm a bolts fan.

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Maybe that Tkachuk trade wasn't so lopsided and one sided after all? Flame fans acting all summer that Treliving is some kind of god and how Calgary totally fleeced Florida in that trade.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
Maybe that Tkachuk trade wasn't so lopsided and one sided after all? Flame fans acting all summer that Treliving is some kind of god and how Calgary totally fleeced Florida in that trade.
Tkachuck is 24. Huberdeau is 29 and Weegar will turn 29 in January. Had they not made the deal there was little chance that Florida could have resigned both. From their perspective this deal will almost surely be a long-term win.

From the Flame's perspective the win may be this year. After that you have to weigh Weegar against whom ever else they may have gotten with the cap space.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I come from the best player evaluation. The Flames lost Gaudreau and Tkachuk who are better than Hubs and Weegar combined. The addition of Kadri helps but it also ensure Flames are cap wrecked for years with older players. From the outset I've seen this as dooming the Flames for the remainder of the decade. None of these guys are going to get better, it only gets worse. As I've mentioned Flames are the 5th oldest club in the league now and all the teams older than them have won cups.

Buffalo absolutely dismantled the Flames. If that Flames team goes into any tailspins this season look out.

Seeing Andersson freaking out already 4 games into the schedule was special. Warms my heart.

JordanGalhanth

Apr 21, 2012
Seeing Andersson freaking out already 4 games into the schedule was special. Warms my heart.

How about Crying Johnny 2.0? Or maybe "what have I signed my life away to" Johnny?

1666460745898.png

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
How about Crying Johnny 2.0? Or maybe "what have I signed my life away to" Johnny?

View attachment 597518
Not sure if Hubs ever watched the Twilight zone..

Wait till the cheques start bouncing and the Saddledump is closed for health violations. They could always play in Okotoks. I don't think they'll be many flames fans around in a year or two.

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011
Gaudreau and Tkachuk have a combined 7 goals this season while Huby and Weegar have a combined 0.

But don't worry guys, Calgary won the trade 100 % biggest fleece in NHL history !

I have a feeling that Vegas is winning the division, and both overrated Alberta teams are going to go to another BoA in the first round. The least flaccid of the two makes it to the 2nd round and gets swept.

Reactions: Mav3rick07
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille