GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Anyone know a website that tells what teams records are against playoff teams vs non playoff teams?

I'd be interested to know what Vegas, LA and Seattles records are against each.

I love this site. Gives so much info for both teams and individual players. On the main page where the standings are, click on any team and it'll open up the team page. After all the roster stuff, scroll to the bottom and you'll see a heading "More 2022-23 (team name) Pages" and under that is "head to head results". Click on that, and there you have it.

Reactions: FlameChampion

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I'm not sure if you mean Saros or Hellebuyck but goaltending only gets them so far if they're getting some goal support. Nashville has scored just 20 goals in their last 10 games. Winnipeg has scored 28 in their past 10 but have also gotten shutout twice.

Goals against wise, Winnipeg has given up 38 goals to Nashville's 27. Up until yesterday, Nashville wasn't giving up much but they're not scoring either.

Calgary has scored 30 and has given up 28 over their last 10.

If these three teams continue this trend over their last dozen or so games, I can see Calgary closing the gap.

I counted 9 solid shots Ehlers took. Either he can take a punch or Schenn is all swing but no substance. One of the two-lol.
Nashville is cooked too, Saros is the only thing keeping that team afloat.

Calgary just doesn't have a gamebreaker at any position. The thing to consider too is that Calgary has no tiebreakers so they have to finish ahead of Winnipeg in points.

4 points doesn't seem an awful lot on the surface, but that means the Flames have to win their next two games, Winnipeg has to lose their next two (in regulation) just for the teams to tie, and that still isn't good enough for Calgary. They'd also have to have a better record than the Jets for the remainder of the season.

I think the Flames have won back to back games once in 2023. Needless to say, that's really bad.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
Surprised Ehlers didn't just dive and turtle after Schenn's first swing
That clip doesn't show the original shot Schenn took on Ehlers that led to the fight. It was a light cross check on Ehlers arm and he flew to the ice holding his arm like it was snapped in half. The same arm that he then tried to punch Schenn with many times.

Last edited:

Ritchie Valens

Sep 24, 2007
Nashville is cooked too, Saros is the only thing keeping that team afloat.

Calgary just doesn't have a gamebreaker at any position. The thing to consider too is that Calgary has no tiebreakers so they have to finish ahead of Winnipeg in points.

4 points doesn't seem an awful lot on the surface, but that means the Flames have to win their next two games, Winnipeg has to lose their next two (in regulation) just for the teams to tie, and that still isn't good enough for Calgary. They'd also have to have a better record than the Jets for the remainder of the season.

I think the Flames have won back to back games once in 2023. Needless to say, that's really bad.
It definitely doesn't look good for the Flames. If both the Jets and Preds weren't playing like they are, I wouldn't be so concerned. I'm of the opposite opinion, 5 points over 12 games isn't insurmountable. It's tough but not impossible. I just hope Winnipeg and Nashville can string some wins together but they're not instilling much confidence.

Reactions: BlackDogg

MoontoScott

Jun 2, 2012
Drouin has 1 goal in 46 games? What has happened to this guy--and a top 5 pick overall in his draft year.

Gordy Elbows

Keep off my lawn
Oct 31, 2019
Calling all astrophysicists, rocket surgeons, and mathematicians….the NHL needs your help in setting up algorithms to determine the odds of Calgary making the playoffs. Likely a sweatshop approach needed….the task is that formidable. God be with you all!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad