GDT: Around the League | '22-'23 II

Status
Not open for further replies.

McSomnii

why u no change oil
Nov 3, 2012
Little Houston, AB
Calgary is pretty damn lucky to still have a chance at the playoffs thanks to the Jets crashing and burning, and yet they remain utterly incapable of taking advantage.

It's looking like a Red Mile-free year, something that I'm completely fine with :thumbu:

• Love
Reactions: Oilhawks

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
Gotta love the clowns at CP throwing stones.

Fact of the matter is, Oilers kinda sucked tonight, BUT it was a weird as hell game. Countless posts, 80+ shot attempts, Reimer with his best game of his career, McDavid missing the net 20 times, 4 disallowed goals, Campbell being slightly better than a shooter tutor, the list goes on.

Good teams find a way to win.

Trash teams fold and get blown out by a division rival in horrendous fashion when every win matters. Not that it was any secret, but its quite clear what that team is made of.

Reactions: Oilhawks

Da McBomb

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 9, 2004
Calgary is pretty damn lucky to still have a chance at the playoffs thanks to the Jets crashing and burning, and yet they remain utterly incapable of taking advantage.

It's looking like a Red Mile-free year, something that I'm completely fine with :thumbu:
Maybe they can replace it with a Blue Mile this year with all the Oiler fans in Calgary :naughty:

Mcnofool6110

Re-defining Rock Bottom since '07
Dec 7, 2011
Sydney
Genuinely, I just don't get how Huberdeau (and Markstrom, to some extent) has been this bad.

Kadri, sure. Last season was unsustainable, but Huberdeau has legitimately been one of the better players in the NHL for the past 5 seasons.

I dont believe Tkachuk stirred the drink that significantly for that team. Nor do I believe Gaudreau is that much of a different player than Huberdeau. Does the team all hate Sutter that much? Does Huberdeau so desperately need a(nother) power forward on his line? Is Barkov that good?

Markstrom, I mean, we broke him. So I get what happened.

antropomorphia

May 9, 2021
Genuinely, I just don't get how Huberdeau (and Markstrom, to some extent) has been this bad.

Kadri, sure. Last season was unsustainable, but Huberdeau has legitimately been one of the better players in the NHL for the past 5 seasons.

I dont believe Tkachuk stirred the drink that significantly for that team. Nor do I believe Gaudreau is that much of a different player than Huberdeau. Does the team all hate Sutter that much? Does Huberdeau so desperately need a(nother) power forward on his line? Is Barkov that good?

Markstrom, I mean, we broke him. So I get what happened.

Well, go look at how many goals the Panthers scored last year.

Sutter has a system that just doesn't mesh well with Huberdeau. They want him to be a player he isnt. He's 30 years old, he is what he is. Let him play his game.

Doesnt help that the only one on that team who can score a goal is Toffoli. Huberdeau got a lot of secondary apples last season. The Flames don't score a lot so he's not getting those.

Between not having many players who can score and being utlizied the wrong way I can see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad