Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
CSKA vs Jokerit (feat. Tolvanen) headed to fifth overtime. Longest game in KHL history. Four games in NHL history have been longer, two post-1936. Game started 6h 15min ago. 1AM local time in Moscow. Karri Ramo 81/82 for the unique 0.988 sv%.

Reactions: jetsforever

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
CSKA vs Jokerit (feat. Tolvanen) headed to fifth overtime. Longest game in KHL history. Four games in NHL history have been longer, two post-1936. Game started 6h 15min ago. 1AM local time in Moscow. Karri Ramo 81/82 for the unique 0.988 sv%.

And pissing Nashville off ;)

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
This is a strange goal. Puck got stuck in Wards skate and the he skated into the net.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
I think she just wants to attend a few white out games ;)

Celine Dion cancels 3 weeks of Las Vegas residency shows

I can respect her candor here, and a desire to not put on a substandard performance for customers paying their hard-earned money. And I mean, come on; it's Vegas. Odds are good people there to see her can still find something else to entertain them. Not like she's cancelling her run of shows in Fargo :P

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Oh, there was good music in the 80s, but the worst of it was very very bad - and that Flames video was super-concentrated bad-80s.

I often offer up the following video as being "the most 80s-est" of music videos of all times.

A bit of background, basically, after Styx had a surprise New Wave hit with Mr. Roboto, they decided to double down on their experimental departure from the arena rock they made their fame with, and they put together this studio single designed to be performed at the front of their first live album. Before the album was even released, this final straw of creative differences broke up the band. Tommy Shaw *HATED* this song. And I don't rightly blame him :P

I mean, my god.. the pastel colors, the stop motion animation, the loud AF wallpapers, the Miami Vice outfits, the poor-man's-Freddie-Mercury camp posturing.. and the music. The one chord that progresses a half-note midway through the verse, the Casio Keyboard "New Wave 1 button" beat.

And the lyrics.. do you get a more desperate attempt to lampoon 80s excesses than:

"I like big things.
The size of them impresses me.
Just give me plenty,
Forget about the quality.

And I like fast food;
The burgers always taste the same.
No snotty waiters,
Escargot or Beaujolais."

Styx also did what I consider the "most 90s-est" of music videos ("Love is the Ritual") but that's another rant for another post.

Reactions: Gm0ney and ps241

Jets 31

This Dude loves the Jets and GIF's
Sponsor
Mar 3, 2015
Winnipeg
LA beating up on the Avs tonight Kopitar with 4 goals, last 11 games LA has played the win one lose one game
Imagine how good Kopitar would be with some sleep and a big bottle of Pepto . Man he always looks like he hasn't slept in a year . :laugh:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Very interesting that Nashville is moving into a primary heel role ahead of Toronto for some of you?? Do I sense a true rivalry brewing? Not sure we will meet them in the playoffs this season but if we do I think our relationship gets to a new level. Two kids fighting over a sip from the cup but only one gets to get closer.

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Very interesting that Nashville is moving into a primary heel role ahead of Toronto for some of you?? Do I sense a true rivalry brewing? Not sure we will meet them in the playoffs this season but if we do I think our relationship gets to a new level. Two kids fighting over a sip from the cup but only one gets to get closer.

I can't hate them. Subban is by far my favorite player in the NHL.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

It's entirely situational for me. At any given moment, my most despised team could also be Minnesota, Chicago, Colorado, St Louis, Dallas, Chicago, Vegas, San Jose, LA, Anaheim, Calgary, Edmonton, Vancouver, Arizona, Washington, Pittsburgh, Columbus, Philly, New Jersey, Carolina, Rangers, Islanders, Tampa, Boston, Toronto, Florida, Detroit, Montreal, Ottawa or Buffalo. I'm a total hate slut. :nod:

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Currently I don't hate Nashville in fact I enjoy watching their team. I retain the right to update my opinion if we lose to them in the playoffs.
I'll probably hate them within the first period of a playoff game, so might as well start hating them now.

Reactions: ps241
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad