Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Torts has a definite shelf life, before his teams stop playing for him and everyone hates him. You gotta hire him at the right time - when your team is about ready to compete (and has good leadership). He's not the guy you want to develop a team of young players that are not yet ready to compete.

Interesting take on Torts. You might be right. :laugh:

Reactions: AlphaLackey

Tom ServoMST3K

In search of a Steinbach Hero
Nov 2, 2010
What's your excuse?
Problem is Preds have Juuse Saros as the backup. Probably the most ready to start backup in the NHL, with elite level potential. If Rinne falters at all in playoffs it won't get any easier if they turn to Saros.

I'm not talking about a complete collapse, I'm just talking about a fall back to earth.

Rinne should be a Heart contender at this point. He's had a much higher QS% than Price did in the season he won the Heart, and no skater is wowing me.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Problem is Preds have Juuse Saros as the backup. Probably the most ready to start backup in the NHL, with elite level potential. If Rinne falters at all in playoffs it won't get any easier if they turn to Saros.
He might have Elite level potential but Rinne is an elite goalie id rather take the chance.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I'm not talking about a complete collapse, I'm just talking about a fall back to earth.

Rinne should be a Heart contender at this point. He's had a much higher QS% than Price did in the season he won the Heart, and no skater is wowing me.

Nit pick - its the Hart.

You don't like MacKinnon? He is almost single-handedly dragging Avs into the playoffs.

Reactions: AlphaLackey

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Whoops didn't refresh the standings before questioning this.

tenor.gif

Last edited:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
http://hfboards.mandatory.com/threa...rthy-moment-recent-nhl-history.2467407/page-4

funniest thread in a LONG time on the main board. a couple of vids in there are pure gold. You have to watch the old Florida Panthers ad in which Olli Jokinen goes around and tells all his teammates to get going. Incredibly weird stuff going on here.
I may never un-cringe after watching that Flames music video...it's like everything bad about the 1980s distilled into 4 minutes and 38 seconds of suck. I'm in physical pain. For the masochists among you: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/143345359/

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
I may never un-cringe after watching that Flames music video...it's like everything bad about the 1980s distilled into 4 minutes and 38 seconds of suck. I'm in physical pain. For the masochists among you: http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/143345359/

No, no, no, nooooooo!!! The 80's were the Golden Age of Music. But this... this horror... it's burning its way into my brain. I can't unsee it. Abominations such as this should never be resurrected. Wait... wait... resurrected. That's the answer. I know where to find relief.

Aaaah, I feel so much better now. :nod:

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
No, no, no, nooooooo!!! The 80's were the Golden Age of Music. But this... this horror... it's burning its way into my brain. I can't unsee it. Abominations such as this should never be resurrected. Wait... wait... resurrected. That's the answer. I know where to find relief.

Aaaah, I feel so much better now. :nod:

Oh, there was good music in the 80s, but the worst of it was very very bad - and that Flames video was super-concentrated bad-80s.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad