Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Channelcat

Unhinged user
Feb 8, 2013
Canada
How bout those TSN talking heads calling for CGY to make the playoffs. Not in a million years my friends. Have they been watching?

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Yeah Preds can skate circles around them. We are a fast team but man the Preds can fly.
I think the Jets' speed can match the Preds when we have a full line-up. I think the Jets have more skill / depth at F, and they have a better top-4 D. Rinne and Hellebuyck are an interesting match-up. I think that if Hellebuyck matches Rinne, the Jets have a good chance.

Reactions: Jets 31

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think the Jets' speed can match the Preds when we have a full line-up. I think the Jets have more skill / depth at F, and they have a better top-4 D. Rinne and Hellebuyck are an interesting match-up. I think that if Hellebuyck matches Rinne, the Jets have a good chance.

Their D can move the puck better IMO. They may not be as good in their own zone but they can all skate really well and they move the puck quickly. When the Preds beat us it's because their D are doing what they do best.

Reactions: Tom ServoMST3K

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Their D can move the puck better IMO. They may not be as good in their own zone but they can all skate really well and they move the puck quickly. When the Preds beat us it's because their D are doing what they do best.
I think the Jets can give the Preds D all they can handle with their speed and aggressiveness on the puck. If the Jets are fully healthy and fresh going into the playoffs, they will give any D some problems.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
I think the Jets can give the Preds D all they can handle with their speed and aggressiveness on the puck. If the Jets are fully healthy and fresh going into the playoffs, they will give any D some problems.

The thing that also makes Nashville so good is their forecheck. It just comes at you in waves.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
The Preds don't scare me. They are an excellent team but I like our mix more in terms of forward depth and top end talent. Where they have the edge is in experience.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
The Preds don't scare me. They are an excellent team but I like our mix more in terms of forward depth and top end talent. Where they have the edge is in experience.
And reffing. The refs hate us small market teams and love big market teams like the Preds.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Agreed some hard fought playoff series with the roller coaster of emotions really starts to rev up a good hatred. 4 and done doesn't quite get you there. I'm looking real forward to developing some strong inter-division hate.

You know it’s interesring King. I probably have more distain for the Ducks than any other team in the NHL and allot has to do with Kesler and Perry, but I think part of it is them knocking us out of the playoffs in 4 and a few of their cocky Condescending HFBoard fans giving it to us.

Reactions: Mortimer Snerd

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Preds are healthy and have the recent experience of the deep playoff run. I feel they are the best team in the NHL right now. However, if we are healthy I think our team could be the biggest threat to beat them if we meet. We are a very deep and talented team from the goal out and we won’t go down easy this spring. It’s going to be about health for us though.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
You know it’s interesring King. I probably have more distain for the Ducks than any other team in the NHL and allot has to do with Kesler and Perry, but I think part of it is them knocking us out of the playoffs in 4 and a few of their cocky Condescending HFBoard fans giving it to us.

But especially Kesler and Perry. :laugh:

The matchup I most want to see right now is Ducks v Preds. I just can't decide whether I prefer Preds in 4 to stick it to Ducks fans or Preds in 7 to give Kesler and Perry 3 more shots at the Preds before we have to play them. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
But especially Kesler and Perry. :laugh:

The matchup I most want to see right now is Ducks v Preds. I just can't decide whether I prefer Preds in 4 to stick it to Ducks fans or Preds in 7 to give Kesler and Perry 3 more shots at the Preds before we have to play them. :laugh:

Yup KESLER and Perry :madfire:

Oh and in 7 and in OT Mort.....losing a close series would sting more and take a bit more out of the Preds if we get through.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
100% that is the dream scenario! Whatever crushes Kesler’s soul the most.

:laugh: I am more interested in crushing Perry myself. To each his own. How about Kesler to Perry for an own goal in game 7 OT? That ought to be pretty soul crushing. :laugh:

Reactions: ps241

SM17

Nov 25, 2005
Preds are healthy and have the recent experience of the deep playoff run. I feel they are the best team in the NHL right now. However, if we are healthy I think our team could be the biggest threat to beat them if we meet. We are a very deep and talented team from the goal out and we won’t go down easy this spring. It’s going to be about health for us though.

I agree. I think the Preds are the scariest team in the league with the way they are playing and what they did last year. If we have a healthy team, I like our chances, but it really comes down to Hellebuyck staying as consistent as he has been. You need your goalie to steal you some games sometimes and Rinne is solid on their end.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and we need to make it out of the first round before we look at a Jets vs Preds matchup.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree. I think the Preds are the scariest team in the league with the way they are playing and what they did last year. If we have a healthy team, I like our chances, but it really comes down to Hellebuyck staying as consistent as he has been. You need your goalie to steal you some games sometimes and Rinne is solid on their end.

Anything can happen in the playoffs, and we need to make it out of the first round before we look at a Jets vs Preds matchup.

Yea I 100% agree. We were discussing this at a house party tonight saying that the playoffs in the NHL are always nuts so just focus on the next game because there are always upsets.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad