Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
I am looking forward to the match up and don’t for a second think it’s going to be easy.
listen, man. nothing in the West will be a cakewalk, in theory. other than Nash looking damn fine right now, i wouldn't bet a penny on any team from 2 to 8 (well, 2 to 9). Colorado, Dallas and Anaheim certainly look flawed, but give me them vs Columbus or the Devils in the east and i become worried

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
listen, man. nothing in the West will be a cakewalk, in theory. other than Nash looking damn fine right now, i wouldn't bet a penny on any team from 2 to 8 (well, 2 to 9). Colorado, Dallas and Anaheim certainly look flawed, but give me them vs Columbus or the Devils in the east and i become worried

Yea its the nature of the playoffs in the NHL which is a beautiful thing. I enter a big playoff draft each year and like clockwork one or two of the teams everyone loads up on exit early. Hard to figure out where the punch is coming from but it always seems to come.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Lots of battles to look out for on this lazy sunday afternoon.

MacK chasing the Ross, Avs looking to gain on a WC spot.
Calgary chasing a WC spot.
McDavid vs. Kucherov for the Ross battle.
Ovi and Laine both playing tonight for a Rocket battle.
Dallas and New Jersey hoping to stay in that final WC spot.
Anaheim looking to jump into a final WC spot.

DeepFrickinValue

Formally Ruffus
May 14, 2015
question concerning contracts, as Price's new contract in Montreal doesn't kick in until next season, can both parties agree to terminate/void the contract without any cap hit?

I am sure Montreal would need to pay at least 20% of value to Price to have him agree.

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
question concerning contracts, as Price's new contract in Montreal doesn't kick in until next season, can both parties agree to terminate/void the contract without any cap hit?

I am sure Montreal would need to pay at least 20% of value to Price to have him agree.

Only option is a buyout I believe.

SLAYER

Cilantro Connoisseur
Oct 26, 2012
Winnipeg

lol no. The Habs are f***ed.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

At any point teams can mutually agree to terminate a contract. However in that case the player gets no more money, so Price will not agree to that. The player must also clear waivers before the contract can be terminated. So another team could claim him.

There is no way Montreal can pay him a bit to get out of that contract.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
At any point teams can mutually agree to terminate a contract. However in that case the player gets no more money, so Price will not agree to that. The player must also clear waivers before the contract can be terminated. So another team could claim him.

There is no way Montreal can pay him a bit to get out of that contract.

Also the Canadians would be unable to re-sign him as it would be seen as an obvious cap circumvention move and they would receive no assets when Price signed elsewhere.

oooooooooohCanada

Jan 14, 2017
Also Price wouldn't get anywhere near the same deal on the open market with his injuries and such. So he'd be throwing away a lot of money.

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Mackinnon is a monster. He might win the Ross even with the games missed

since returning from injury 15gp 14g 14a

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
Outside Looking In
Flames are out.

This guy pays the price

upload_2018-3-18_18-1-58.jpeg

Status