Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The Jets have not been very forthcoming about callups (emergency vs non emergency)

They did use two for papering of Roslo and Hutch. Poolman is also a regular callup since he was not returned when Trouba got healthy . So at most they only have one left.

Right Hutch. So yeah with Roslovic, Hutch, and Poolman they are at 3 used up already. Only one non-emergency left from now until Moose get eliminated. Good call.

cap hit of injured players

Thanks.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Evander with two more goals tonight - apparently out of all active players, he has the most 2-goal games without a hat trick.

Edit: Jinx post worked :laugh:

Last edited:

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
X-NSH
WPG
MIN

I’m starting to hate a team.

The only thing I find hard to imagine at this point in time is anyone beating them 4 times in 7 games in the playoffs?? If we field a full line up we might be the team that has the best shot but the Preds are a juggernaut.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Feels like Dallas is choking away their chance. This has been a tough road trip for them so far.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
Feels like Dallas is choking away their chance. This has been a tough road trip for them so far.

With Calgary's loss and Anaheim's win, it's really narrowing down to a three-team fight (COL / DAL / ANA) for those two wild card spots. Things could still shake up a bit more but time's running out. Great race to watch.

Reactions: DRC and ps241

flyingkiwi

Oct 28, 2014
France
Well done Nashville.

No matter how frustrating it is to lose against Nashville, I don’t think I could bring myself to hate them or any of the other teams in our division. If we can’t get past them, I really hope they win it all this year.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Well done Nashville.

No matter how frustrating it is to lose against Nashville, I don’t think I could bring myself to hate them or any of the other teams in our division. If we can’t get past them, I really hope they win it all this year.

Personally I find our division the most boring - I don't like any of the teams, but I don't really hate them either. I'm not even sure which is my second favourite - probably Dallas or Nashville although I can't say I like either of them. :laugh: I definitely don't want Chicago or St. Louis to win, but they've at least been somewhat interesting recently.

AlphaLackey

Mar 21, 2013
Winnipeg, MB
It's just so annoying how they keep winning no matter what :rant:

There's no doubt they've had some lucky comebacks but they're a very good team, and part of what makes good teams good is the ability to mine those desperation lost percentages in big (like 10:1) underdog spots. Granted, doing it four times in a row during the stretch run was a very timely roll, but hey, we'll get ours soon enough. Preferably during game 7 of the finals :)

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Well done Nashville.

Yea I have to be honest it’s not like the old days. Now I was not a Jets fan until 1993 so I can’t speak to it but hate was what happened between the Oilers, Flames, and Jets in the 80’s. A big part is they were all very talented and cup contenders.....another big part was they were all from the Canadian prairie’s so there was geographical rivalry and there was way more fighting so it was a different NHL. That was hate and I have not really felt those same level of emotions in our current division. However we are now a contender and losing in the playoffs this year is going to really hurt if when it happens and it may stir up some deeper emotions and start more legitimate rivalries.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg
Yea I have to be honest it’s not like the old days. Now I was not a Jets fan until 1993 so I can’t speak to it but hate was what happened between the Oilers, Flames, and Jets in the 80’s. A big part is they were all very talented and cup contenders.....another big part was they were all from the Canadian prairie’s....way more fighting so it was a different NHL. That was hate but I have not really felt those emotions in our current division. However we are now a contender and losing in the playoffs this year is going to really hurt if when it happens and it may stir up some deeper emotions and start more legitimate rivalries.
Agreed some hard fought playoff series with the roller coaster of emotions really starts to rev up a good hatred. 4 and done doesn't quite get you there. I'm looking real forward to developing some strong inter-division hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad