Around the League 2017-18

Status
Not open for further replies.

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
The sooner we clinch 2nd the better. Nobody is catching us and we aren't catching the Preds.

Give Comrie, Petan, Appleton and guys like Dano, Matthias and Lemieux some games.

There's some players that could use a rest and certain games could give them 4 or more days off in a row.

I think Maurice was going to play the backup against the Ducks and I hope he does that. It would give Helle 4 days off in a row and he'd come back against the Preds at home.
Little could use some time off to heal wounds and I would move Roslo into his spot and see where he stands against some other centers in the league.

Let's get into the playoffs healthy and put our first round matchup away quickly.

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
How they repeatedly continue to pull out wins like this is nothing short of amazing. Very confident group of players over there.
They were so much fun to cheer for last playoffs.

Now it's driving me nuts

Reactions: DRC

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
The sooner we clinch 2nd the better. Nobody is catching us and we aren't catching the Preds.

Give Comrie, Petan, Appleton and guys like Dano, Matthias and Lemieux some games.

There's some players that could use a rest and certain games could give them 4 or more days off in a row.

I think Maurice was going to play the backup against the Ducks and I hope he does that. It would give Helle 4 days off in a row and he'd come back against the Preds at home.
Little could use some time off to heal wounds and I would move Roslo into his spot and see where he stands against some other centers in the league.

Let's get into the playoffs healthy and put our first round matchup away quickly.

IIRC the Jets used paper moves on Roslovic and Poolman to send them down and back up on deadline day. So they would be eligible for AHL playoffs. However that also means that they've used up 2 of their 4 post deadline recalls. Meaning that they could only recall 2 of Petan, Appleton, Lemieux from here to the end of the year to give guys rest, since that wouldn't count as a emergency recalls. Comrie's latest recall should have counted as emergency due to Hutch's diagnosed injury as concussion.

There's also many schools of thought that coming into playoffs hot and with chemistry is very important. And we do often see evidence of that looking at LA in 12, Nashville last year. Constantly shifting around players, taking guys in and out of the lineup can be harmful to that. Of course there are examples of teams backing into playoffs then taking off so who knows.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IMG_0692.jpg

This chart really tells the story of the season. Look at the difference between us and Nashville. Hopefully it starts to flatten out for us.

Reactions: EastRiver

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
IIRC the Jets used paper moves on Roslovic and Poolman to send them down and back up on deadline day. So they would be eligible for AHL playoffs. However that also means that they've used up 2 of their 4 post deadline recalls. Meaning that they could only recall 2 of Petan, Appleton, Lemieux from here to the end of the year to give guys rest, since that wouldn't count as a emergency recalls. Comrie's latest recall should have counted as emergency due to Hutch's diagnosed injury as concussion.

There's also many schools of thought that coming into playoffs hot and with chemistry is very important. And we do often see evidence of that looking at LA in 12, Nashville last year. Constantly shifting around players, taking guys in and out of the lineup can be harmful to that. Of course there are examples of teams backing into playoffs then taking off so who knows.

The Jets have not been very forthcoming about callups (emergency vs non emergency)

They did use two for papering of Roslo and Hutch. Poolman is also a regular callup since he was not returned when Trouba got healthy . So at most they only have one left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad