Around the League - 2015-2016 (Part VI - Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb
It was a lucky goal. Hate Kane

He is the human equivalent of the garbage you forgot to put out the week before. My worst nightmare is both Chicago and LA coming back from 3-1 deficits to win. I swear, if San Jose again lets the Kings get up off the mat, the damn franchise should be taken away and moved to Quebec! :rant:

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
He is the human equivalent of the garbage you forgot to put out the week before. My worst nightmare is both Chicago and LA coming back from 3-1 deficits to win. I swear, if San Jose again lets the Kings get up off the mat, the damn franchise should be taken away and moved to Quebec! :rant:

If Hawks and Kings come back, oh man I'd be so mad. I can't even imagine how terrible the Blues and Sharks fans would feel.

What pisses me off about this Kane OT goal is we are going to have to hear his praises and him be hailed as a hero for the next two days, worse if the Blues blow this series now, we are going to have to hear about his "heroics" for a long time. Why couldn't it have been someone else, anyone else. :rant: :rant: One thing I will say, I'd rather be the Jets and not be able to win than to win with someone like Kane on your team. :thumbd:

Evil Little

Jan 22, 2014
As if i needed another reason to hate the Blues, Darren Pang is a detestable little marble of a man. I cannot believe Sportsnet is forcing fans to listen to his laughably biased drivel. Disgusting.

It does shed some light on why Blues fans are disproportionally deluded, though, so thanks. I guess.

:whatever:

Puckatron 3000

Glitchy Prototype
Feb 4, 2014
Offensive Zone
Love or hate Kane, the last 20 seconds of that game was a thing of beauty. Guy just turns into the flash once in a while. You can't take the puck from the flash.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
say what you will about his character and offers considerations, but he is one of the preeminent hockey players in the league, and pretty much sets the bar for high-level hockey. both the Kings and the Blackhawks series are proof of just how far the Jets have to go to ice a respectable hockey club.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea until LA and Chicago (and the Ducks to a lesser degree) are shaking hands with sad faces I keep them as the team that is going to win these first series in my mind at least. Two of the three teams have earned the right. As a matter of fact have put the Chicago tank thread on ignore since I am burnt out on unsuccessful tank threads and need a break :laugh:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
If Hawks and Kings come back, oh man I'd be so mad. I can't even imagine how terrible the Blues and Sharks fans would feel.

What pisses me off about this Kane OT goal is we are going to have to hear his praises and him be hailed as a hero for the next two days, worse if the Blues blow this series now, we are going to have to hear about his "heroics" for a long time. Why couldn't it have been someone else, anyone else. :rant: :rant: One thing I will say, I'd rather be the Jets and not be able to win than to win with someone like Kane on your team. :thumbd:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh...you're serious?

And the award for the most ridiculous post of the year goes to...

Why in the hell would you even say this crap? What exactly is it that Kane has done that is SO bad? Threw some parties in the offseason? Wrongfully accused of rape in the off season, handled it withas class, and then went on to win the Art Ross? Or is it the time that he punched the cabbie all those years ago?

It's not like he's the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler here.

Come on. I would give my left nut(and that's the one I used to make my kids...maybe tmi...) to have a player like Kane on this team. He is a proven winner, and a player like him is exactly the kind of player this team needs.

Character issues are WAY too overblown around here. I'm not saying that the guy is a saint or anything, but to actually say that it's better to lose without Patrick Kane then to win with Patrick Kane is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!

Oh...you're serious?

And the award for the most ridiculous post of the year goes to...

Why in the hell would you even say this crap? What exactly is it that Kane has done that is SO bad? Threw some parties in the offseason? Wrongfully accused of rape in the off season, handled it withas class, and then went on to win the Art Ross? Or is it the time that he punched the cabbie all those years ago?

It's not like he's the reincarnation of Adolf Hitler here.

Come on. I would give my left nut(and that's the one I used to make my kids...maybe tmi...) to have a player like Kane on this team. He is a proven winner, and a player like him is exactly the kind of player this team needs.

Character issues are WAY too overblown around here. I'm not saying that the guy is a saint or anything, but to actually say that it's better to lose without Patrick Kane then to win with Patrick Kane is just about the dumbest thing I have ever heard.

We will have to agree to disagree then, winning is great but being able to cheer for your team and players without caveats is even more important for me. I won't be able to cheer for P. Kane on the Jets

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
very good interview with Lebrun on H&L he has been following the Kings Sharks series and I have been assuming the Kings would come back here and the Sharks would fold like before but he brought up a few key points. He reminding me how much they are missing Voynov "on the ice" as the 2nd RHD and he went on to say that the injury to Muzzin has really hurt them because they just don't have a replacement for him. Pierre said they have elevated Scurderi to play with Doughty and he said that Rob is just not able to manage that assignment anymore. Lebrun mentioned LA was planning on leaning very heavily on their to 3 D men almost like Chicago did last season and he said losing Muzzin has closed that door.

LA may need Quick to get hot here?

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
very good interview with Lebrun on H&L he has been following the Kings Sharks series and I have been assuming the Kings would come back here and the Sharks would fold like before but he brought up a few key points. He reminding me how much they are missing Voynov "on the ice" as the 2nd RHD and he went on to say that the injury to Muzzin has really hurt them because they just don't have a replacement for him. Pierre said they have elevated Scurderi to play with Doughty and he said that Rob is just not able to manage that assignment anymore. Lebrun mentioned LA was planning on leaning very heavily on their to 3 D men almost like Chicago did last season and he said losing Muzzin has closed that door.

LA may need Quick to get hot here?

Muzzin isn't hurt. It's Martinez that's hurt. So not quite as bad as Muzzin being out, but still hurts.

And yes the Kings defense is in shambles right now. Scuderi, McBain, McNabb, Schenn are all in way over their heads. They are relying solely on Doughty and Muzzin. That is hurting them. But they can still come back. Every game has been a one goal game so far. Should be a fun one tonight.

nobody important

the pessimist returns
Jul 12, 2015
a quiet suburb

Character is important to some of us. You say you would happily take a Kane, but what about a Voynov? Does that cross a line for you? Well, everyone has a different place where they draw that line. Kane crosses mine. Nuff said.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Muzzin isn't hurt. It's Martinez that's hurt. So not quite as bad as Muzzin being out, but still hurts.

And yes the Kings defense is in shambles right now. Scuderi, McBain, McNabb, Schenn are all in way over their heads. They are relying solely on Doughty and Muzzin. That is hurting them. But they can still come back. Every game has been a one goal game so far. Should be a fun one tonight.

Ok I missed On my "M" words :laugh:

I would never count them out because championship teams tend to find a way but it makes it much tougher.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad