Around the League - 2015-2016 (Part VI - Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

puck stoppa

Jul 5, 2011
Winnipeg
Ladd hasn't been the answer for the Toews line. His dumb penalty got the Blues back in the game. Might be the turning point in the series.

When he got traded I said fans there will love the trade till he takes a dumb penalty or makes a bad turnover in the playoffs, I wasn't very popular then ;)

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
We are very close to having that first rounder drop down a bunch of spots.....go blues go

I will believe it when I see it, seems like the Blues are riding some luck right now but man are they ever in a good spot so I will keep the fingers crossed. :crossfing

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
I will believe it when I see it, seems like the Blues are riding some luck right now but man are they ever in a good spot so I will keep the fingers crossed. :crossfing

I agree with you but winning 3 in a row is very tough.....

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I agree with you but winning 3 in a row is very tough.....

Yea it is especially coming on the heels of playing until late June last year. One would assume the gas tank might be on fumes at some point but with the playoff history between these two teams I won't believe it until I see the handshake like.

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
St.Louis needs to finish the Hawks on Thursday don't give them a chance to play again in Chicago. Chicago fans by the way are throwing everybody under the bus including coach Q

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
St.Louis needs to finish the Hawks on Thursday don't give them a chance to play again in Chicago. Chicago fans by the way are throwing everybody under the bus including coach Q

Sounds pretty familiar :laugh:

bustamente

Kinda Optimistic
Jun 29, 2015
White Out MB
I'd definitely say Shaw said that certain slur.

I'd wager that a suspension or at least a fine is coming his way for the way he acted at the end of the game, even outside of what he probably said. He also gave the refs the finger, didn't he?

1 game suspension for Shaw , and required to undergo sensitivity trainning :laugh:

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Good. He deserved it. I will say though: he seemed very honestly repentant, and I'm glad that the Hawks went to the lengths they did denounce the action. They've been very vocal about their support of the LGBT community.

Good on the NHL for their disciplinary action as well.

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Daryl Reaugh "Razor" is one of the better color guys in the game. Calls it for Dallas but he is pretty balanced and really entertaining.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
I think it's quaint that the Sharks use that Jock Jams "Y'All Ready for This?" song as their goal song.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
Brent Burns is amazing. The look, the player, the talent- a complete package. NHL should be promoting him more as a star player, adds a nice color to the league.

JetsFan815

Jan 16, 2012
I would love for the Stars or the Sharks to win just to watch the narrative around the league change, it has become too much "well you know you gotta build a team through the draft just like the Hawks and the Kings, have young talent that you drafted blah blah blah". Can you imagine if the Stars won "You can trade your way to a cup" or the Sharks "You need old veteran players in abundance to win" :laugh:

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
I think that chant began in the basketball world when the Lakers were good.

If I recall correctly it started in Boston when the Celtics were playing the Lakers back very early in the Bird Johnson era. I think the was the origin unless they were copycatting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad