Around the League - 2015-2016 (Part VI - Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I think Kane's antics are well known, you pointed some of them out yourself, there is no point going over them again in this thread

And you are taking a ridiculous stance on them. The rape charge was dropped because lets be hinest here, she was making it up. Punching the cabbie was years ago. And why would anyone care if a young millionaire threw a party in the offseason. In the middle of the playoffs...I would get. But in the offseason? Come on people.

Which one of us can honesty say that they never did anything wrong when we were young men? We all partied too hard and we all probably picked fights that we shouldn't have and if we were rich at a young age, we may find ourselves in a similar situation.

You may not agree with his actions, but to say that you wouldn't be a Jets fan because of the three things that he has done in the past is ridiculous.

Hobble

Sep 2, 2010
first time watching a game while they're challenging an offside.

Yeesh, now I know why everyone is complaining.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Neuvirth was never a bad goalie, just not enough of a good goalie to be a consistent starter.

Another in a long list of good goalies that plays a little unconventionally so the NHL GM's shun him. There's another playing amazing in south Florida today (Greiss). NHL GM's are really bad at judging goalie talent as a whole, guys like Greiss, Neuvirth, Khudobin, Enroth, etc slip through the cracks and guys like Pavelec, Ward, etc get chance after chance after chance.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Stars lose in OT.

Primed to lose this series since Ruff will undoubtedly bring Kari off the bench for next game and he is completely un-clutch.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Wonder if Dallas is getting a bit antsy about their $10.5 million goalie tandem.

Niemi 0.792 last night.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1013577?

The International Olympic Committee is reportedly unwilling to cover transportation and insurance costs required to have NHL players participate in the event, International Ice Hockey Federation president Rene Fasel told Inside the Games at the SportAccord Convention in Lausanne, Switzerland.

"Our wish is to have the best players," Fasel said. "(But the IOC) not covering the cost as they did at the last five Olympic Games puts us in a difficult financial situation.

"We still have challenges - it is even more difficult than before."

Positive

Enjoy your flight
May 4, 2007
Osborne Village in the 'Peg
Kings are out. Sharks look good. Huh.

Remember how the Kings purportedly (by the opinion of some here) put up a minimal effort against the Jets in the last game and 'didn't have anything to play for' or 'didn't care about seeding'? Maybe they should have cared. ;)

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014

http://www.thescore.com/nhl/news/1013577?

The International Olympic Committee is reportedly unwilling to cover transportation and insurance costs required to have NHL players participate in the event, International Ice Hockey Federation president Rene Fasel told Inside the Games at the SportAccord Convention in Lausanne, Switzerland.

"Our wish is to have the best players," Fasel said. "(But the IOC) not covering the cost as they did at the last five Olympic Games puts us in a difficult financial situation.

"We still have challenges - it is even more difficult than before."

Headline: "IOC Cuts Off Own Nose to Spite Face" That'll cost them TV money.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad