Around the League - 2015-2016 (Part VI - Playoff Edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
I wonder how many households subscribe to the full SN universe of channels. I had trouble finding a game the other day because I didn't get whatever The Score is now (Sportsnet Something).

I bet the Draft Lottery show gets boffo ratings, though... :sarcasm:

A ***** I have with the way SN is covering the POs is that you can't rely on them to just show 1 game per channel. For example: they will have 4 ch showing 3 games. I read the listing and go to the Chi. game that I want to watch. I find the Wash game. I try my next choice of game. Same thing. All 4 will be showing the same game! If I stay on that ch long enough I will eventually discover that the game I want is between periods so they show a different game. ***** *** ***** 5@#$ dammit! If I want to watch a different game between periods I can use that remote thingy myself! I find the wrong game, I go watch a movie. Or I tell my wife that the game I want isn't on does she want to watch something else. :rant:

The point is that their coverage is all over the map. It is unpredictable and I never know what will be showing where so I just give up. They seem to think they are giving something wonderful but all they are doing is driving me away. I know some here will just find something hockey and start watching but I don't think you represent the typical fan. I will pick a game and watch it, including a between periods show. I will channel swap occasionally to check on other games but at least then I know what to expect. This lottery game they show is just annoying. :rant:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Unlike Pavelec, Quick understands angles. He specifically has good sense of how much space a shooter has in the upper part of the net. Even when he flops, it's usually in a position where he has cut the angle down and the shooter would essentially have to flip it over top of him. In other words, a shot with normal flat trajectory either hits him or goes over top of the net. It's the same principle that made Hasek look like a flopping mess but ultimately up there with Roy as the GOAT goalie.

And no, not suggesting that Quick is even in the same universe as Hasek.

Well said.

That atheletic style he plays makes him streaky, even for a goalie. But when hes on theres no one on the planet better, imo. But when hes off he pretty useless, as bad as Pav.

Aavco Cup

"I can make you cry in this room"
Sep 5, 2013
A ***** I have with the way SN is covering the POs is that you can't rely on them to just show 1 game per channel. For example: they will have 4 ch showing 3 games. I read the listing and go to the Chi. game that I want to watch. I find the Wash game. I try my next choice of game. Same thing. All 4 will be showing the same game! If I stay on that ch long enough I will eventually discover that the game I want is between periods so they show a different game. ***** *** ***** 5@#$ dammit! If I want to watch a different game between periods I can use that remote thingy myself! I find the wrong game, I go watch a movie. Or I tell my wife that the game I want isn't on does she want to watch something else. :rant:

The point is that their coverage is all over the map. It is unpredictable and I never know what will be showing where so I just give up. They seem to think they are giving something wonderful but all they are doing is driving me away. I know some here will just find something hockey and start watching but I don't think you represent the typical fan. I will pick a game and watch it, including a between periods show. I will channel swap occasionally to check on other games but at least then I know what to expect. This lottery game they show is just annoying. :rant:

Would you rather listen to Millard and McLean just talk about crap between periods? I don't have a problem with the "live look ins"

Mortimer Snerd

You kids get off my lawn!
Sponsor
Jun 10, 2014
Would you rather listen to Millard and McLean just talk about crap between periods? I don't have a problem with the "live look ins"

I'm not talking about a quick update on another game. They just swap feeds and stay there for an extended time. I wonder why it is the wrong game. It took me a while but I finally figured it out. Like I said earlier, I have my remote and I can check other games at will. I find what SN is doing to be disorienting. I'm old. Its difficult. I suppose some people might like it. For me it is just one more irritation from SN.

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
Crawford just went off on Fabbri for a rather small collision. Somehow he doesn't get an extra penalty and the Blues are shorthanded. :laugh:

Blues announcers aren't happy.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
What absolute BS officiating in the Blues Hawks game. How are the blues short handed after Crawford charges Fabbri

blues10

Dec 10, 2010
Canada
What absolute BS officiating in the Blues Hawks game. How are the blues short handed after Crawford charges Fabbri

It is important for TV ratings for the Hawks to win the series.:sarcasm: Disgusting reffing time for Netfix. Good night NHL.

Deif

Sep 20, 2014
Wow, Chicago is one loss from being out in the first round :amazed:

What did he do?

Thought the commentator said he started the brawl at the end of the game, I couldn't see who since I was watching a 240p stream.

But there are now videos of him giving the double bird to the refs, as well as yelling a homophobic slur in the penalty box. This will end well.

tbcwpg

Jan 25, 2011
At the end, Steen tripped him and Shaw went after him, then one of the Blues jumped Shaw and it all went off.

There's also video of him possibly using an anti-gay slur in the box after flipping the refs off but I'm not a lip reader so I may be wrong.

Also absolutely Quenneville's fault for having Shaw out there at the end of the game. He knew what was gonna happen.

jetsforever

Dec 14, 2013
Thought the commentator said he started the brawl at the end of the game, I couldn't see who since I was watching a 240p stream.

But there are now videos of him giving the double bird to the refs, as well as yelling a homophobic slur in the penalty box. This will end well.

At the end, Steen tripped him and Shaw went after him, then one of the Blues jumped Shaw and it all went off.

There's also video of him possibly using an anti-gay slur in the box after flipping the refs off but I'm not a lip reader so I may be wrong.

Also absolutely Quenneville's fault for having Shaw out there at the end of the game. He knew what was gonna happen.

Ah fantastic :shakehead

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
I'd definitely say Shaw said that certain slur.

I'd wager that a suspension or at least a fine is coming his way for the way he acted at the end of the game, even outside of what he probably said. He also gave the refs the finger, didn't he?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad