Around the League '16-'17 Other Teams' Free Agent Frenzy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
I wonder if Ducks fans will still brag about "OMG WE WON THE CUP IN ONLY 14 YEARS OF EXISTENCE" if the Knights win it this year. That's what drives me to root for them to win. Even though the Caps are my first choice.

Best part of a potential Knights win is how they will react in SJ and Vancouver.

The Sharks have basically been contenders for a dozen years and will have 0 cup wins and there three closest geographical rivals will all have won in that time span. It’s hilarious.

Reactions: 21Dog

Ziggy Stardust

Master Debater
Jul 25, 2002
Parts Unknown
Best part of a potential Knights win is how they will react in SJ and Vancouver.

The Sharks have basically been contenders for a dozen years and will have 0 cup wins and there three closest geographical rivals will all have won in that time span. It’s hilarious.

And Jets fans were expecting clean sweep and acting pretty cocky prior to the matchup. I also love how the go to excuse once things don’t go their way is that there is a league wide conspiracy that is anti-Canadian.

Reactions: Raccoon Jesus

Raccoon Jesus

Todd McLellan is an inside agent
Oct 30, 2008
I.E.
Hellebuyck has been the difference this series. He just can't match Fluery's hot performance this year. Too many mental mistakes.

I feel for him to a degree. Always thought he had what it took to be a top goaltender in the league and he really did have a strong breakout year. Just falling flat on his face right now.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
I wonder if Ducks fans will still brag about "OMG WE WON THE CUP IN ONLY 14 YEARS OF EXISTENCE" if the Knights win it this year. That's what drives me to root for them to win. Even though the Caps are my first choice.

No, they'll just continue with " we won it first" narrative.

damacles1156

Feb 5, 2010
Have to hand it to Marc-Andre Fleury. He was a cast off, pretty big chip on his shoulder, proving a lot people wrong atm.

WHOneedsSOX

Mar 1, 2015
Without checking stats I'm willing to guess this is a career best playoff run for MAF.
I would imagine so. His #'s are 2012 Quick like and Quick set a few records that year.

Also agree he was a cap casualty. He probably would've been starting for the Penguins if he was still there. Murray was not good this season.

Reactions: KingTrouty

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill

I've brought this up before and they always counter with "we've only been in the league..." Or you had "The Great One" and never did it.

They were considered a favorite for years with some of the best forwards in their prime yet never could do it. Watching Vegas smack around the Sharks makes getting swept a lot easier to handle. Hell, Jones gave up more goals in one game than Quick did the entire series.

kingsfan28

Its A Kingspiracy !
Feb 27, 2005
Corsi Hill
Have to hand it to Marc-Andre Fleury. He was a cast off, pretty big chip on his shoulder, proving a lot people wrong atm.

They played the entire season with a chip on their shoulder. Next season could be a lot different when the expectation to do it again hang over their heads and that chip is gone. For now, they ride the wave.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
This has got to be the most "comfortable" non-Kings conference finals for us Kings fans in years. No team that we hate (well, for most Kings fans that is) is threatening to hoist the Cup. We can just sit back and relax. I think I have to go back all the way to the 2009 conference finals. I didn't care which team was going to win and the Blackhawks were still an up-and-coming team.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
Hellebuyck has been the difference this series. He just can't match Fluery's hot performance this year. Too many mental mistakes.
Agreed. Fleury is winning the match up with Hellebuyck by a country mile. It is the difference in the series. Winnipeg will be contenders for a number of years after this year. Hard to say what will happen with Vegas.

kovacro

Uvijek Vjerni
Nov 20, 2008
Hamilton, ON
Vegas is lucky. They're playing way over their heads.

Tough to be lucky for an entire season. Give them some credit, they are playing the system Gallant has preached to them to perfection.

They just come at the opposition in waves. Tenacious effort for 60 minutes. They don’t turn it over much and you don’t see them give up many odd man rushes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille