Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MonyontheMoney

Apr 5, 2015
Honestly prefer the white retro concepts I've seen done up over the red ones. Wouldn't mind seeing the white retros paired with a black jersey not dissimilar to the Heat's black jerseys, just cleaned up without the piping.

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
I've seen them.

I think the Flames management went down to the Loonie Store, saw some iron on letters and thought "nah, we can do worse than this". And then they did.

This is the C for those wondering:

EBwgYxM.jpg

wtf is going on with that letter?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
WTH! They got rid rid of the Dallas Star Uterus Cows pretty quick but we have to look at this junk for a decade... :help:

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
I like the white away a lot more than the red home.

Disagree, I think they're way worse.

Some people have said our homes were boring, at least they had colour. The road jerseys are just a blank white jersey with 2 stupid vertical patterns and some red on the sleeves.

They look like practice jerseys, except our practice jersey looks better than both of these.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-marian-hossa-might-played-final-nhl-game/

17. Smith’s arrival in Calgary meant a departure for Elliott. Flames GM Brad Treliving phoned him with the news before the trade was final.

“I was disappointed for sure,†Elliott said Sunday night. “You put your heart and soul into a new team and city, knowing there’s a chance it’s only for the one year. You create relationships and friendships… fit in well, mesh well, to say goodbyes for now is kind of hard. I prepared myself for it, but it still feels like a kick in the gut when I got the call. They are going to be good, do great things. I wish them all well and wanted to be a part of that. Now I look for other opportunities out there.â€

Elliott, a long shot as the 291st pick in the 2003 draft, is always at his best when challenged.

“I’m excited for this. I thrive on that type of atmosphere: if you tell me I can’t do it, I’ll be the first guy to tell you I can, and show you how I can. That’s how you get better. You have to battle your self-doubts and prove everyone wrong. I’m not going to shy away from a new city, a new team. The NHL provides you a unique ride. You can’t be mad at moving around, at the end of the day, it gives you another jersey to put on the wall.â€

He and wife Amanda have an eight-month-old son, Owen, and are unafraid of moving around. Elliott added that the last time he was a free agent (2011), he had to sign a two-way contract in St. Louis. That was far more stressful.

18. Elliott had some interesting things to say about his year in Calgary and how he played. He thinks his early struggles came because he knew exactly how the St. Louis defencemen would make certain plays, and needed time to adjust to the Flames.

“Wherever I go next, I’m going to focus a lot right away on communication so I can hit the ground running. Jay Bouwmeester, Alex Pietrangelo, Kevin Shattenkirk, whether they would slide on a two-on-one, take away the back door or focus on the slot, I’d been with them so long I knew what they’d do. I knew when I could cheat a little more, or should do it less. It took a lot of video work with (Calgary goalie coach) Jordan Sigalet, but finally I felt better and could be more aggressive. It was a reminder that players aren’t going to change their tendencies in front of you, so you have to learn how to read a different team.â€

I did ask Elliott about his final game for the Flames, Game 4 of the first-round series against Anaheim. The Ducks swept Calgary as he was pulled six minutes after puck drop.
“I felt good, made a couple of good saves right away. I set up to face that shot in that same situation 100 times before. This time, it went in. The nature of goaltending is that some times you don’t have the chance to redeem yourself. It’s not the successes you learn from, it’s your failures.â€

Seems like he did want to be back here, sucks how the season ended for him (I was one of the people sh**ing on him). Hopefully it works out better for him wherever he ends up.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/30-thoughts-marian-hossa-might-played-final-nhl-game/

Seems like he did want to be back here, sucks how the season ended for him (I was one of the people sh**ing on him). Hopefully it works out better for him wherever he ends up.

Head and shoulders above any goalie we've had post-Kipper and a consummate professional. It's a shame the adjustment period took so long because he was lights out from then on. He won't have any problem finding an NHL gig

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
That first leak looked decent because you couldn't see the crap under the arms. I can't believe they didn't fix that ****.

I tweeted them this:
I just woke and saw this abomination. Please tell me this is just a terrible dream and you didn't just reinvent the worst jerseys in the NHL

giphy.gif

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
As long as the dome is full of them Ken King isn't going to change em. Market research.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad