Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
According to John Shannon, home openers will be released this friday and the full schedule will be out on June 20th for next season.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Why can't this club ever just do the obvious thing that everyone wants. :laugh:

$$$$$$$$

Seems like everyone is struggling with the concept that the Flames make more money off you by selling you a Home and a Retro than they would if they made the Retro the Home jersey. Reading calgarypuck on the topic is hilarious.

The Flames are well aware that everyone prefers the Retros. They're not idiots and they're going to take more of your money this way.

Last edited:

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I wonder how they will even reinvent the jersey this time around. I doubt they'll go back to the chevron and I hope to god the piping is gone.

I'm personally hoping for something like this mock-up that I posted in the older thread, plus or minus the one shoulder patch
JackHolmes-CGY.png

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
I wonder how they will even reinvent the jersey this time around. I doubt they'll go back to the chevron and I hope to god the piping is gone.

I'm personally hoping for something like this mock-up that I posted in the older thread, plus or minus the one shoulder patch
JackHolmes-CGY.png

Has anyone done a mock up of the Red retros but with black replacing the white?

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012

JackHolmes-CGY.png

Those white jerseys are hype. Maybe add a little shoulder patch (no flags. Please no flags haha)

InfinityIggy

Zagidulin's Dad
Jan 30, 2011
$$$$$$$$

Seems like everyone is struggling with the concept that the Flames make more money off you by selling you a Home and a Retro than they would if they made the Retro the Home jersey. Reading calgarypuck on the topic is hilarious.

The Flames are well aware that everyone prefers the Retros. They're not idiots and they're going to take more of your money this way.

Eh. That is a lot of assumptions. I likely won't buy the new jersey at all, and I think that can be said of a lot of people who already have a very similar Reebok jersey.

If the new jersey was retro themed I'd be tempted though (and that is already owning a retro jersey), I don't think most fans have a retro or similar.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
Eh. That is a lot of assumptions. I likely won't buy the new jersey at all, and I think that can be said of a lot of people who already have a very similar Reebok jersey.

If the new jersey was retro themed I'd be tempted though (and that is already owning a retro jersey), I don't think most fans have a retro or similar.

People who want the Retro will buy the Retro.
People who want a home will buy the home.

Why get rid of one of these options when you know very well that there will be plenty of people who buy both.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
People who want the Retro will buy the Retro.
People who want a home will buy the home.

Why get rid of one of these options when you know very well that there will be plenty of people who buy both.

There isn't going to be a retro for the upcoming season, it's only home and away.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
There isn't going to be a retro for the upcoming season, it's only home and away.

There will be.

Plus are they discontinuing the sale of Retro or just not wearing them anymore? Cause you could always buy the Retro from the "vintage collection" even when the Flames weren't wearing it.

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
There will be.

Plus are they discontinuing the sale of Retro or just not wearing them anymore? Cause you could always buy the Retro from the "vintage collection" even when the Flames weren't wearing it.

It's been confirmed that for the 2017-18 season all 31 teams will only have home/away jerseys, there will not be any alternative jerseys, unless it's for a one-off occasion (outdoor games).

I'm not sure on either of those but the remaining ones are on sale on the FanAttic site.

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
It's been confirmed that for the 2017-18 season all 31 teams will only have home/away jerseys, there will not be any alternative jerseys, unless it's for a one-off occasion (outdoor games).

I'm not sure on either of those but the remaining ones are on sale on the FanAttic site.

No I know, I meant there will be a season or two later. Build the hype again. Flames are definitely making the smart decision revenue wise.

Lunatik

Normal is an illusion.
Oct 12, 2012
Padded Room
I am still expecting the striping from the word mark jersey

Something like this:

Untitled-1_zpsnfgnsw5v.jpg

maybe switch the yellow and black stripes on the white.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->