Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aug 3, 2010
I don't like the flags as they are - I'd prefer the crest and maple leaf individually over the big rectangles of fabrics.

AlbertaShield.jpg

would look so much better on the shoulder over
AlbertaFlag.jpg

And I'm always onboard for the retro with no additional shoulder cresting or minimal (single shoulder) crest design.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012

Bosnian Beast

Formerly Janko Unchained
Dec 30, 2010
Lethbridge, AB
I don't dislike the flags, just prefer the secondary logo from the word mark jersey and was hoping for that. I'm more worried about the piping and the garbage under the arms/up the side of the jerseys. Those are what make ours among the worst in the NHL

Agreed. I don't mind the flags, but I would have definitely liked to have seen some change if we were going to use shoulder patches. I'd even take the Horsehead making a comeback as a secondary logo, but I never had an issue with it in the first place. As for the piping... we'll see if there is any actual change with the new jerseys, but like some others, I think I'm going to buy an extra retro or two while they're 50% off.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
At least they've gone away from italics in the names. One can hope the numbers won't be either

Aug 3, 2010
One of the bigger concerns I have aside from design is the fabric(s). I haven't liked the fabric choices (in both durability and look in some cases if not one or the other) in many of the "national" sweaters. I know a bunch are made by Nike but the fabrics shown in previews so far haven't placated me, and the Reebok ones are still pretty nice. I'm not a fan of extra-light material for hockey jerseys, they absolutely should have a little heft to them. Definitely one more reason to pick up the Reebok retro (other than the fact that we aren't going to see a third jersey at all next season and in no way are we going to be guaranteed a retro third again in Adidas branding.)

Has anyone come across a shop selling retros for any cheaper than FanAttic?

No idea. You can try Jersey City. IIRC there's also a… shadier merchant who sells sports memorabilia in Marlborough Mall but I have a hunch a lot of them aren't legit - if you don't care and want to pay $50 or less they may have something retro-ish?

I tend to buy the authentics because there's actually a lifetime repair guarantee on them. Had a home jersey fall apart on me (the cresting was falling off) and I brought it to FanAttic and they sent it away for repair for like 15 bucks. Got it back in great condition with all the autographs unaffected - and every patch/numbers (not just the Flaming C) was stitched so it wouldn't happen again. And again, at 70 bucks a sweater it's a damn good deal right now.

Last edited:

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
Hm, I feel like the Rbk Preds jersey was one of the few that actually looked good with the piping. Agreed with II, the new one looks a little too plain.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Went from having a top 5 home jersey to a pyjama shirt
I only see 3 small differences.

1. No blue above the white stripe
2. No piping
3. Blue against the piping is gone (front and back)

The only of those that is a negative is #1 and it is relatively minor. The jersey is much cleaner than it was before with the removal of the piping and the blue accompanying it.

Aug 3, 2010
Collar is shaped differently, less of a V and more of a rounded U shape to resemble a typical sweater.

Looks like a cheap knockoff of an actual NHL jersey.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I only see 3 small differences.

1. No blue above the white stripe
2. No piping
3. Blue against the piping is gone (front and back)

The only of those that is a negative is #1 and it is relatively minor. The jersey is much cleaner than it was before with the removal of the piping and the blue accompanying it.

The collar looks different too. It's too clean for my tastes. Instantly forgettable

Tkachuk Norris

Jun 22, 2012
They have never had good jerseys though. I think a more simple look is going to help the Flames. The flags though...

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
The collar looks different too. It's too clean for my tastes. Instantly forgettable

I like it more than what they had tbh. It's much cleaner and I think less is more. Although I wish the striping had remained the same.

Aug 3, 2010
One of the issues is that the image is a non-players jersey. Would probably look a little better with numbers and nameplate.

Aug 3, 2010
More details on the Predators' kit.

Blues look nice. Hoping the Flames follow suit.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Yeah, I'm not feeling that Preds jersey. Pajama shirt is correct, it needs some more detail. Reminds me of these 'beauties' for which they've often been mocked:

Smell-the-Glove.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad