Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I have this feeling the Flames will either trade for Burakovsky or Domi.
Interesting guys to consider, for sure. I didn't think Burakovsky had the strongest playoffs (despite the Caps winning) but he's still young and obviously highly skilled so I think he'd make a great addition if he continues to improve.

Domi would make the Flames hell to play against, which in itself is appealing. He's had a pretty bummer past two seasons so he might be cheaper to acquire.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Bennett and Janko are all but confirmed to stay. Shore is Stajan's heir apparent

Glass, Stajan, Versteeg, Stewart are most likely not going to be Flames next year. The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Brouwer gets bought out. Especially with the cap going up to 81 mil next year.

Hathaway is a maybe. He performed quite well with the Heat but Gulutzan had him in over his head on the third line.

Lazar is iffy because he hasn't shown a whole lot to merit another year here but if Peters lets him play quick north-south hockey he might take off.

I think we're gonna see a lot of bottom 6 spots open up for the Heat guys knocking on the door and the Euro FAs Treliving is targetting

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
Bennett and Janko are all but confirmed to stay. Shore is Stajan's heir apparent

Glass, Stajan, Versteeg, Stewart are most likely not going to be Flames next year. The more I think about it, the more likely it is that Brouwer gets bought out. Especially with the cap going up to 81 mil next year.

Hathaway is a maybe. He performed quite well with the Heat but Gulutzan had him in over his head on the third line.

Lazar is iffy because he hasn't shown a whole lot to merit another year here but if Peters lets him play quick north-south hockey he might take off.

I think we're gonna see a lot of bottom 6 spots open up for the Heat guys knocking on the door and the Euro FAs Treliving is targetting
The earliest Brouwer will be bought out is next summer, a 4 year cap penalty is just too long, especially when a new coach that might utilize him better is in the mix.

Reactions: InfinityIggy

Calculon

unholy acting talent
Jan 20, 2006
Error 503
Buyout window opens June 15th (or 48 hours after the final, which ever is later).

I still say it's a 50/50 whether Brouwer gets bought out or not.

Body Checker

Aug 11, 2005
I think Austin Czarnik would be a good pick up for bottom 6. A little competition for lazar, foo, Hathaway, mangiapane, Klimchuk, dube.

We really need to move on from the Versteeg as, Stajan sand Chris Stewart’s of the nhl.

Reactions: Bounces R Way

DCDM

Da Rink Cats
Mar 24, 2008
Calgary
I feel like there's something to be said for the fact that a number of those RWs listed have already been on the Flames in the past.

Not a good something, anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad