Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
I would bet money we sign Jared Boll. Just seems like the type of player we always sign at the beginning of the year

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
The Yotes traded Hickey's rights + Mike Sislo for Hudson Fasching, so essentially the trade from last summer ends up being Mike Smith @ 25% retained for a 2018 3rd and Hudson Fasching

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Anyone see these concept jerseys? Sweet sassy molassy those are nice!
d407e09QeM23zh5bI-6jYs3ZC_jLM2x3aw__nC9ZeJI.jpg

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
I feel like there's too much red in the roads and not enough white in the homes

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
You guys are crazy! The only thing I can see wrong with them is the gloves are the same color. I don't know if white or yellow gloves is the answer, but those need a different color profile.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I feel like there's too much red in the roads and not enough white in the homes
I agree. I think it can be fixed very easily though

First, remove the stripes and make the torso and sleeves all red (home) or white (away). then re-apply the stripes using the same striping as the socks.

Also, add white and yellow to the gloves.

Reactions: Mobiandi

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Home openers will be released on Wednesday and the full schedule will be released on Thursday. I think this year we start with an eastern road trip because the Oilers are in Sweden to open the season so we won't open against them for the 3rd straight year.

Rangediddy

The puck was in
Oct 28, 2011
Home openers will be released on Wednesday and the full schedule will be released on Thursday. I think this year we start with an eastern road trip because the Oilers are in Sweden to open the season so we won't open against them for the 3rd straight year.
giphy.gif

JPeeper

Hail Satan!
Jan 4, 2015
Those jerseys are a good start, but I agree there is too much red on the Aways, also Flaming C is slightly too big, but mostly f*** off with the vertical striping on the pants with horizontal striped socks and jersey it looks f***ing stupid.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Loob's a hawk in terms of Scandinavian talent. He called Kylington and Andersson's growth pattern the day we drafted them.

He'll be an asset to this team.

Mobiandi

Jan 17, 2015
Darryl Sutter announces retirement from NHL coaching - Sportsnet.ca

Should the Washington Capitals choose not to hire assistant Todd Reirden to be their coach, they needn’t call to ask about the availability of Darryl Sutter.

He’s finished as a coach.

He kept his house on the beach in California until recently and said last summer he’d consider a return to coaching, "if it was the right situation."

He admitted that situation could have been found close to home had the Flames called this spring when Glen Gulutzan was replaced by Bill Peters.

"I would have listened for sure," said Sutter of a possible return to the organization he spent eight years with.

"Brad (Treliving) made a great choice in Bill, as did Todd (McLellan) in Edmonton, getting Gully to join."

He now insists following a winter of contemplation there’s no situation that could tempt him to leave his ranch to relocate once again with his wife, Wanda, and son, Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad