Around the Dome II: Flames hockey-related news and notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobColesNasalCavity

Oct 15, 2016
West Side
Makes my heart warm that McDavid got heckled in public by OiLoLers fans. Hopefully another step closer to him asking for a trade from the fruitless franchise.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
A return may be imminent...

I doubt anything in imminent. He's practicing with the Heat and not the Flames, with no roster limit, that tells me he will have a conditioning stint before rejoining the Flames.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
I don't recall ever seeing a guy coming back from injury practicing with the farm club befoire, so to me that speaks volumes
I recall it being reported last week that Versteeg (and Ferland) were both practicing with the Flames in non-contact jerseys. So for him to now have gone down to the AHL seems like he's ready for games now. You're almost certainly right.

Reactions: Method Man

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I recall it being reported last week that Versteeg (and Ferland) were both practicing with the Flames in non-contact jerseys. So for him to now have gone down to the AHL seems like he's ready for games now. You're almost certainly right.
I like hearing that AS, tell me again that I am right.

:laugh:

FlamerForLife

Mon Seanahan
May 22, 2015
Calgary
Tkachuk,Monahan and backlund all missed practice today so lines are a little out of wack but seems like versteeg will be joining soon cause he practiced in full contact gear.
Gaudreau-shore-ferland
Stewart-bennett-frolik
Versteeg-janko-hathaway
Brouwer-stajan-lazar

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
bZ6hI4w.jpg

I just watched it, and honestly there is not much to see here. This is just a coach coaching.

The Gnome

May 17, 2010
Calgary
It's funny how the media seems to be cherry picking GG ever since the famous stick throw. This is just a coach being a coach, and it happens everyday in the NHL.

Anglesmith

Setting up the play?
Sep 17, 2012
Victoria
Looked like a coach who is frustrated but remaining calm and explaining himself. Obviously he's frustrated at offensive blueline turnovers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad