Around Hockey XXIV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
The reason is not so the goalie doesn’t get embarrassed….
But hey who knows, maybe Sportsnet have tried to call him several times to do a video with Zac Bell but there's always been a GOOD reason for Elvis to hang up on them...

:sarcasm:

tunnelvision

Jul 31, 2021
Blackwood.... :facepalm:

Edit. I guess good news is Devils grabbed at least a point from this game.

Yay, Devils win in ot. Now they're tied with CBJ in the standings.

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
He has been on 5 teams in less than a year. Plus he has a baby. I feel really bad for him.

I bet he is having fun. Get a tour of the league in your last year or two.

It would be harder if he had school-age kids.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
I bet he is having fun. Get a tour of the league in your last year or two.

It would be harder if he had school-age kids.

I could see how it could be fun with a toddler in non COVID times. “Hey, Junior, we’ll get to go to a different zoo. Plus I got you a new shirt with a coyote on it.” Their kid was born in February. Plus COVID. That first year as new parents is pretty scary in the best of times. And I can only imagine how my wife would react to several moves in one year.

Reactions: majormajor

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
wait didn’t @CBJWerenski8 say the blackhawks would make the playoffs or something to that tune?

2 regulation wins in the last 46 days.
Maybe next year.

I do think the hawks could make the playoffs this year though

They started the season off awfully, obviously, but watching them since the coaching change they look better. and yeah, sometimes every team gets a bump after firing the coach and we'll see if its sustainable, but I don't think they're nearly as bad as that team that started the year.

Is their start enough to keep them out of the playoffs? Yeah, I would say that's likely. But is it set in stone? No. Not at all. That team has tons of talent, and some high end young players. We all know about Kane, Fleury, and Jones as the old/older heads. so yeah, I'm not writing them off yet.

Yet because I'm not burying them for dead as others have on here, I am labeled as some sort of Blackhawk apologist/cheerleader or something.

no, he actually said stuff like this.

2 regulation wins in 46 days? Didn’t we just shut the whole league down for 2-3 weeks?

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
“I do think the hawks could make the playoffs” is what I meant.

@CBJWerenski8, okay let me put it another way. 2 regulation wins in their last 17 games. better?

The words “could” and “would” are pretty different. I know you know the difference.

Yes, much better.

Reactions: thebus88

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
The Coyotes better watch out. The Canadiens may out-tank them if they aren't careful.

upload_2022-1-7_9-47-42.png

Since the '05 lockout, we are witnessing the two worst seasons by win % and three of the worst ten all this season. Incredible.

upload_2022-1-7_9-49-44.png

The Coyotes are t-worst in the cap era for most goals allowed per game. The Senators, Kraken, and Canadiens also make the bottom (top?) 10 in this category. And don't look now, but a familiar team is right there at #11.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
6 straight losses by the Blackhawks. I think there is a likelihood that we'll have two top 10 picks. It's the double-tank!

upload_2022-1-7_9-54-3.png

By points %, Chicago sits 6th-worst and the Jackets are 10th.

Amazing that the Coyotes won in regulation last night. They only had 3 regulation wins all year before yesterday!

No one is catching the Habs or Yotes, though. And Ottawa may be sliding into uncatchable territory.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
People are saying the playoff race for the East is over and now it is all about seeding. There is a clear gap between the 8 teams in and the 8 teams out. Is there a team out of the playoffs that you think will make it?

upload_2022-1-7_11-10-40.png

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I think if either Philly or more likely the Isles get hot they could sneak in. Isles have 2 games in hand over the Bruins but with Rask looking like he will be back it will be a battle.

koteka

Jan 1, 2017
Central Ohio
The Islanders have games in hand and have more home games than road games remaining. They are the one team that could see making a run, but this might be one of those situations where a good team has some setbacks and misses the playoffs. And then comes back better next year without the wear on their bodies from the playoffs.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

upload_2022-1-11_12-46-38.png

By points %, Edmonton is now 11th in the west. They're 2-6-2 in their last 10 games. McDavid is 24 and Draisaitl is 26. This is when they should be "going for it."

Anyway, RIP to the "the Pacific is actually good" takes from ~a month ago. The top 4 teams in the West are all from the Central.

AmishLandJackets

Jun 5, 2021
So, I haven't been paying much attention to the Canadians... Is there any hope at all that Carey Price returns this season for the Habs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad