Around Hockey XXIV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaaarrgghh

Jul 17, 2022
Trades are going down. Ryjo to Philly in the Walker return, reunited under Torts.

My Roslovic guess is Rangers for a 4th
Roslovic would be good for Carolina, I'd think, but apparently they don't pay for rentals. Who else needs a winger? Vancouver? Rangers? Tampa Bay?

I'd still love for Provorov to get traded for at least a 1st (maybe more with retention) and use that haul (maybe combined with the Roslovic haul) to acquire a veteran defensive LD with leadership qualities, but that ship has probably sailed. Who would even be interested in Provorov? LA? They are already retaining on him, so probably not. New Jersey if they're really stubborn?

Last edited:

Doggy

Oct 11, 2011
I HATE the salary cap loophole. The salary cap during the regular season should be the salary cap during the playoffs. I understand Stone is supposedly really hurt but too freaking bad, all teams deal with injuries. You wanna make a trade to fill his spot during the regular season...fine...but once the playoffs start and he's ready to play again the team should have to make the appropriate moves to be cap compliant.

Seriously, what's the point in having a hard cap if you are just gonna let teams break it every post-season?

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
I HATE the salary cap loophole. The salary cap during the regular season should be the salary cap during the playoffs. I understand Stone is supposedly really hurt but too freaking bad, all teams deal with injuries. You wanna make a trade to fill his spot during the regular season...fine...but once the playoffs start and he's ready to play again the team should have to make the appropriate moves to be cap compliant.

Seriously, what's the point in having a hard cap if you are just gonna let teams break it every post-season?
certainly interesting that he magically get healthy enough to play in mid april every year.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Roslovic would be good for Carolina, I'd think, but apparently they don't pay for rentals. Who else needs a winger? Vancouver? Rangers? Tampa Bay?

I'd still love for Provorov to get traded for at least a 1st (maybe more with retention) and use that haul (maybe combined with the Roslovic haul) to acquire a veteran defensive LD with leadership qualities, but that ship has probably sailed. Who would even be interested in Provorov? LA? They are already retaining on him, so probably not. New Jersey if they're really stubborn?

Philly dumped Provorov for, essentially, two 1sts and a 2nd (not counting all the various contract throw-ins).

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Well no more Forsling hopes for Major. Just signed an 8 year extension

So yeah, the taxes thing is nuts. 8x5.75mil is crazy

Last edited:

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Brière has had a hell of a first year as GM. Getting a very good haul for Provorov and drafting Michkov.

I think the Gauthier-Drysdale swap is going to look pretty bad for Briere in the end.

Well no more Forsling hopes for Major. Just signed an 8 year extension

So yeah, the taxes thing is nuts. 8x5.75mil is crazy

Massive discount for sure.

The last time I checked the numbers, the difference in actual taxes paid by the players (not the state tax rate) between Florida and Ohio was really small, like closer to four percentage points of income. I think this is Forsling just really wanting to stay on the team where he fits. That and I guess some people really like living in sticky humidity, weirdos.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Temporarily closing the this thread for trade deadline day. Please use the Trade Deadline GDT for all CBJ-Around the league news.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad