Around Hockey XXIV (All Non-Jackets Hockey talk in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Continue.

Last few posts here:
It's tricky. If you delay because of the number of current positive tests, there are no guarantees that the number of positives will be lower right after Christmas. You might just end up indefinitely delaying the season for months and maybe have another lost year.

Personally I think that since all of these athletes are vaccinated (and presumably most boosted), the risk of serious illness from omicron or delta is pretty low. If the players are actually getting seriously ill then that changes my mind on the matter, but for now I'm assuming that when we hear about "23 players entering the covid protocol", this is not serious illness going around in this population.

NHL may not want to pause but what if Canada closes the border again?

Previous thread here

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Here is the real question. Are these guys actually getting sick from this or are these asymptomatic cases?

I know they are pro athletes in excellent shape and we are clearly more prepared to handle it than we were 2 years ago. Based on what I read on twitter about the Hurricanes, Aho had a fever for 1 day and now it is gone and the others seem to be fine if I understand correctly.

Fortunately it seems the vaccines are helping with severe illness and that is all we can hope for. I'm just curious about this rash of NHL players being positive and how many actually feel any effects from it.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014
Here is the real question. Are these guys actually getting sick from this or are these asymptomatic cases?

I know they are pro athletes in excellent shape and we are clearly more prepared to handle it than we were 2 years ago. Based on what I read on twitter about the Hurricanes, Aho had a fever for 1 day and now it is gone and the others seem to be fine if I understand correctly.

Fortunately it seems the vaccines are helping with severe illness and that is all we can hope for. I'm just curious about this rash of NHL players being positive and how many actually feel any effects from it.

Domi did a video/podcast appearance with Mike Rupp I think a week or two after he tested positive and said it was rough but he was getting back into shape (also was back early from whatever injury it was at the time as well). He may be the most at risk as diabetes is a co-morbidity, although it does seem to affect everyone differently.

Iron Balls McGinty

Aug 5, 2005
Domi did a video/podcast appearance with Mike Rupp I think a week or two after he tested positive and said it was rough but he was getting back into shape (also was back early from whatever injury it was at the time as well). He may be the most at risk as diabetes is a co-morbidity, although it does seem to affect everyone differently.
That is certainly feasible because if his pre-existing conditions but I don't believe I've heard of any other NHL players facing serious side effects this season. Combined with what we have learned about the high percentage of hospitalizations coming from unvaccinated people I just wonder what we can do other than just manage as best we can and let things ride their course.

I'm watching this closely because I got a 3rd shot in August due to my RA and I believe I should get a 4th shot in February but I've not seen any official guidance on that yet.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

upload_2021-12-15_16-47-33.png

LoneFunyan

Proud of all the points
Nov 11, 2015
Ugh. This blows. I was thinking about taking a road trip into Canada to watch some junior games in January. Obviously that's out of the question now.

Reactions: majormajor

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

The league is so bad at this.

Hurricanes are preparing to go with a 10F-6D lineup tonight due to covid positives.

DarkandStormy

Apr 29, 2014

Paul Maurice out in Winnipeg. Some thought he had that job as long as he wanted (and it appeared he did).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille