Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
Not familiar with any of the players COL get in return, but the 3 picks is solid. Wonder if they get rid of Barrie next, since he too wanted out

Iceman

Jun 9, 2014
Credit to Sakic, dude made out like a bandit on this one.

I'm not sure. He traded for players and picks that could potentially turn out to be nothing. Although, while saying that, he got way more than I thought he would after all this time.

Fascinating to see a 3-way deal.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
Think all three teams won given their current needs. Colorado can rebuild, Turris wasn’t going to resign in Ottawa and they got Duchene, Nashville added a top-6 forward and locked him up for 6 years.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'm going to the Colorado - Ottawa game here in Sweden tomorrow which is going to be fun because even if I don't cheer for either team it will be my first NHL game.
I hope you'll have a good time. Going to watch the game too, sadly though, from my couch. Hopefully they'll bring NHL back to Finland too next year as they're planning to do. I'd definitely go watch if my schedule would allow it.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I hope you'll have a good time. Going to watch the game too, sadly though, from my couch. Hopefully they'll bring NHL back to Finland too next year as they're planning to do. I'd definitely go watch if my schedule would allow it.

I'll buy tickets the day they come on sale. Didn't have the chance to go when they were here the last time so I'll make sure I'll have that chance the next time.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I'll buy tickets the day they come on sale. Didn't have the chance to go when they were here the last time so I'll make sure I'll have that chance the next time.
Sadly we don't have any Finns at the moment so pretty much 0% chance that Tampa would play here. Maybe Philly can borrow us Filppula for a game and then we sign Salo and Bergenheim for one game contracts.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Sadly we don't have any Finns at the moment so pretty much 0% chance that Tampa would play here. Maybe Philly can borrow us Filppula for a game and then we sign Salo and Bergenheim for one game contracts.

Yeah, they'll probably bring in teams like Carolina and Minnesota with their Finnish stars. Maybe we have a chance with the Russian guy owning part of the Hartwall Arena where the games will most likely be played. It's not about money with him so maybe he wants to bring the Russian stars close to St. Petersburg.

Reactions: JoVel

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
I'd think Norway would be a good location. A storied winter sports history, but has never been that hockey power they maybe should be.

Brie

bearer of bad news
Jul 5, 2014
Just got home from the game and it was a lot of fun and even if I didn’t cheer for neither team it was really worth going and I got to see some great hockey and I got to meet Peter Forsberg so that was a great bonus. I’m also happy that there was a few goals and OT which just added to the good time. We sat pretty far up because those tickets cost the least but we still had the best seats up there since I actually was like the first person to order tickets on pre-sale almost nine month ago. I wore my Lightning t-shirt so I still showed my support to my team. They did have a Hedman jersey but it cost a lot and I’ve kind of made it a thing to buy jerseys when I attend a game so I didn’t buy it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad