Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
We've been spoiled, management at this organization acts very logical and professional - sometimes it comes off as boring but they play their cards right.

It's a gongshow in Ottawa right now because their owner can't shut up, Sakic in Colorado publically shows his hand everytime the spotlights on him, Ken Holland has no direction on his team, Bergevin on MTL is just an idiot who singlehandedly destroyed a team from top to bottom.

Nashville is another organization I admire, they have solid guys up and down managment.

Last edited:

Maelmoor

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2004
Stockholm, Sweden
We've been spoiled, management at this organization acts very logical and professional - sometimes it comes off as boring but they play their cards right.

Well it's not that long time ago we had our own clowns running the organization, so I feel for the Sens fans in that regard.

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
So I have NHL Center Ice (or NHL.tv). When I miss a game I used to watch the condensed game on NHL.tv which got lost IIRC when NHL.com brought in the new design a year ago or so. Hence I watch the full game and forward through or just watch the highlights. But it just so happens that apparently the NHL's youtube channel still has condensed games.

Example for last night:

NHL.com highlights (4:10)
NHL youtube condensed game (8:59)

Where on NHL.com do I find the condensed game? Or are they just not on there for some obscure reason?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017

Haven't really watched them, but Boyle seems to be doing really well in New Jersey, 9 goals and 15 points in 24 games. Masterton should be his as well.

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017

Haven't really watched them, but Boyle seems to be doing really well in New Jersey, 9 goals and 15 points in 24 games. Masterton should be his as well.

managed to watch a few if we don't have a game or play later, seems to have settled in well certainly is playing with confidence.

AlphaCatalyst

Elite Fan
Jun 27, 2007
Calgary
Speaking of Montreal, Price is currently playing so there is a chance we see our old friend Niemi tomorrow. Would playing against a goalie 3 times with 3 different teams in a single season be some kind of record?

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I watched the Stars game right after the Bolts game last night and Bishop got several pucks directly to the mask. Kept giving me flashbacks to when he spit out his teeth last year :toothless

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I kept saying last year that Ottawa was over producing. Don't get me wrong, they have a couple awesome players but overall I'm not impressed with them as a team.

I think they over-produced to the level of coaching they were getting. Now Anderson is getting exploited because the Sens cannot keep the scoring chances against down. Everyone has figured out "Look we just gotta dump and chase very quick and we'll tear them to shreds" and it's worked. I'm the first to admit that they are not capable of surviving a 60 minute, wide open track meet with the likes of the Lightning, Pens, Caps etc but we can say that about 75% or so of the rest of the league. But at the same time it's a team with a somewhat decent bottom 6 with the likes of Pageau, Dzingel and Thompson, Pyatt, a generation defenseman in Karlsson, 2 decent D in Ceci and Chabot and Phaneuf isn't as bad as people say he is; he just makes too much money. And the rest of the offense consists of like 6 or 7 guys that have scored 20 goals in a season before -most of whom have done it several times. The team is built to win 4-2 but loses 3-2.

Be honest with yourself Gong, if the Sens had games against the Flyers, Habs, Sabres, Hurricanes and Canucks, that is 5 games they should win. But instead they go 1-3-1 (ironic) in that span with Boucher because he thinks he can chess match the neutral zone whole game and win on special teams because that's the only acceptable time to be aggressive offensively with a Senators power play that has lived on Karlsson being Karlsson since Paul MacLean was coaching them 6 or 7 years ago.

He either needs to adjust or he'll lose his job.

This is no different than what we saw here in Tampa Bay and I'm utterly frightened to see what the results of Boucher's sophomore campaign would've been if Stamkos didn't blast home 60 goals.

Last edited:

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Boucher getting a 3rd NHL coaching job is an interesting idea. Since TB and now Ottawa have played out so similarly, who would sign up for that?

and we're talking great shifts now?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad