Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Rangers are a hot mess right now. Have not turned my back on them but really painful to watch. Glad I have been able to follow Tampa the last.... wow going on 4 years now?

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Coyotes are on pace for under 10 points this season.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
The Leafs really are an adventure to watch.

Matthews is an outstanding player though. Hopefully I didn't just set off some Leaf fans' radar.

ADD: And he scores. Get ready for a wave of "Gretzky was only kind of better than Matthews because goalies sucked" threads.

Last edited:

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sad news about Garrison.

Happy news: The Montreal Canadiens are still horrendous.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ

A tumultuous week for Canadiens forward Alex Galchenyuk added a new twist Thursday when certified NHLPA hockey agent Dan Milstein alleged that Montreal coach Claude Julien has a problem with Russian hockey players.

“Alex Galchenyuk isn’t a problem but coach is. Has never successfully coached Russian. Took midseason most-Russian club. All but one Russian gone,” said Milstein on Twitter.

The tweets have since been deleted.
When reached by phone Thursday afternoon, Milstein apologized for commenting on another agent’s player (Galchenyuk is represented by Pat Brisson), but stood by his claim Julien has difficulty with Russian players.

“These are my observations,” Milstein told Sportsnet. “I represent several Russian players, and I know Alex is not one of them and I’m out of line for commenting because I don’t represent him. But I’m just stating the facts.

“I have nothing but respect for [Canadiens general manager] Marc Bergevin. But it seems obvious the coach doesn’t like Russians.”

Milstein represents Kucherov & former bolt/hab Nesterov.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Technically he is a Russian-American of Belarus descent and he lived in Russia for several years as a kid. Not really as simple as to just call him American.

MattM92

Dec 8, 2010
FL
Technically he is a Russian-American of Belarus descent and he lived in Russia for several years as a kid. Not really as simple as to just call him American.

He was only born in the US, played the majority of his minor hockey in NA, and played for the US in international tournaments. Seems complicated to me. Why does his ancestry matter at all.

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
He was only born in the US, played the majority of his minor hockey in NA, and played for the US in international tournaments. Seems complicated to me. Why does his ancestry matter at all.

It fits the narrative. Don't let those pesky facts get in the way of a good story.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
It's his ancestry that makes him so enigmatic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad