Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

MR4

Oct 20, 2014
Their D is way beyond Meh. It's pretty horrific. They remind me a lot of us the year before we acquired Stralman to settle things down.
Definitely wouldn't say it's horrific, and Zaitsev is probably our Stralman acquisition. Really, we have every # level of dman from #2 - #6 set, we're just missing a #1 like Hedman :laugh: maybe you guys can loan him to us this season? Can't promise we'd return him

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Watching these Habs games to see how Drouin's been and good lord are they boring af to watch. They might actually be worse than Vancouver but at least the Canucks have the excuse of being awful/rebuilding.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Watching these Habs games to see how Drouin's been and good lord are they boring af to watch. They might actually be worse than Vancouver but at least the Canucks have the excuse of being awful/rebuilding.

Saw Drouin and Montreal live at MSG against the Rangers, was not impressed. Rangers are struggling bad to start the season and still were able to shut them out.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
Saw Drouin and Montreal live at MSG against the Rangers, was not impressed. Rangers are struggling bad to start the season and still were able to shut them out.

I definitely haven't noticed a massive improvement in his game since last year. He continues to be a guy that's incredible on the man advantage and below average at even strength. Hopefully for his sake this Centre experiment ends quickly.

Adonis Creed

King of the East
Apr 13, 2015
Drouin been shit at 5 vs 5... and on PP he has good possesion number but a lot of turnovers and avg pass...still no goals for MTL PP and everything is on his stick...his shot suck..

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I definitely haven't noticed a massive improvement in his game since last year. He continues to be a guy that's incredible on the man advantage and below average at even strength. Hopefully for his sake this Centre experiment ends quickly.

Yeah Montreal not looking good, neither is he. It's still early but Drouin could have a rough season if he cannot find chemistry with his linemates.

In other news, Filppula with 2 goals tonight, Go Flip!

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I mean we saw it last year, he creates significantly less when playing up the middle of the ice instead on the wing, Drouin is a guy you want carrying the puck not passing it off on transition, but owell Habs fans know best. They have a center they play wing and a winger they play center, I mean that says it all and their record speaks for it.

Felonious Python

Minor League Degenerate
Aug 20, 2004
Random idea, not sure if it's ever been tried because I don't follow football at all. Scheduling a Bolts game on the Sunday afternoon a Bucs game would typically take place, but on their bye week. Before Irma made week 1 the Bucs bye week, it was scheduled for Nov 19. A day where the Lightning don't play at all. We're in a division with a bunch of Canadian teams that obviously don't have NFL, could we get one of them down here to try and fill that Sunday afternoon sports habit Bucs fans get into? We're not dying for attendance, so the risk associated with going up against football Sunday at all is likely not worth it, but it's an idea.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
On one hand I love that Montreal looks to be int he pits right now.

On the other, I hate that Toronto is a legitimately good team now.

I'm just going to embrace the former and ignore the latter for awhile.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I'm not overly worried about the Leafs because the way they are constructed roster-wise is comparable to the Capitals of the late 2000's. Great forwards but questionable D that lacks experience. Make no mistake, guys like Rielly and Gardiner are impressive young talents but I'll take ours over theirs any day.

Bandit Keith

Apr 5, 2016
At least with Toronto they have an entertaining team now, the Habs are just boring to watch [MOD].

Last edited by a moderator:

Werewolf

Oct 29, 2013
Tampa
I'm absolutely loving the dumpster fire in Montreal. I get some kind of sick satisfaction from their fan base slowly but surely turning on Drouin while Sergachev flourishes in Tampa. Endless hours of entertainment going through their GDTs. As to Toronto ... is there anyway to write a script and just block/ignore that entire fan base?

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
I'm absolutely loving the dumpster fire in Montreal. I get some kind of sick satisfaction from their fan base slowly but surely turning on Drouin while Sergachev flourishes in Tampa. Endless hours of entertainment going through their GDTs. As to Toronto ... is there anyway to write a script and just block/ignore that entire fan base?

I want this too. The main board is unreadable at this point. Every thread will turn into a Leafs thread slowly but surely. They're like Dom with steroids times a thousand.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
I want this too. The main board is unreadable at this point. Every thread will turn into a Leafs thread slowly but surely. They're like Dom with steroids times a thousand.
I just read the first and last page of the Ristolainen thread in the main boards. Both had more "discussion" about the Leafs than Ristolainen. Classic. But to be fair some of the Leaf haters are pretty obnoxious too. And well, every fan base has some of those personalities at least here on HF. Just seems some have more than others.

And to be quite honest, in most of the main board threads people seem to discuss the posters more than the actual topic pf the thread..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad