Around Hockey and the NHL

Status
Not open for further replies.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
The jinx is in full force guys! Melrose just picked us to win the Cup as well as an NHL 18 simulation saying we beat the Oilers 3-2 in game 7 of the SCF. Lord have mercy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Hell has indeed frozen over.

It'll freeze over if we actually win the Cup. I know we have a great team on paper but until Stamkos raises that silver chalice above his head it's all fool's gold. I just simply cannot buy in to the idea that we're as good as everyone says we are. Only a dominant regular season will go a long way to convincing me

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
It'll freeze over if we actually win the Cup. I know we have a great team on paper but until Stamkos raises that silver chalice above his head it's all fool's gold. I just simply cannot buy in to the idea that we're as good as everyone says we are. Only a dominant regular season will go a long way to convincing me

On paper yeah think this is a Top 4 team, but have to stay healthy and stay hungry. Some of these guys have not been hungry since 2015 or healthy for that matter.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
After all that hatred between Leafs and Jets fans here I'd hate to be a Jets fan after that game. That's gotta hurt.

TheDaysOf 04

[ 2 6 ] [ 4 ]
Jun 23, 2007
NJ
I'm watching Rangers-Avs. somewhat interesting is that DeAngelo is wearing #77 for NY. His normal #7 is retired there, but he called Phil Esposito over the summer for permission to wear 77. Espo was the last (and probably only) Ranger to have 77, but I thought it was more so from 77 being an odd number, than players honoring Espo and choosing not to wear it. Because really, who else in the league wears 77? Not too many. Today it's probably just 1 or 2 like Hedman & Klefbom. But to tie Heddy in, Hedman wears 77 in connection to Bourque who changed from 7 to 77 when Espo's number was retired in Boston.

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Apparently the Rangers struggle against the AVs like Tampa does. Who would have thought. Lol.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
Bishop needs to get a new mask... He got Hertl's stick in his eye through it, lost teeth from a shot and now cut his head.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Their D is way beyond Meh. It's pretty horrific. They remind me a lot of us the year before we acquired Stralman to settle things down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad