Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

plasmonresonance

Jul 28, 2015
Today is a **** day

Took my dog into vet today for surgery and instead put her down. Tumors seemed to explode all over her the last two months and grew at fast rate. She gained 16 pounds in last couple months likely as a result of tumor weight

Found more growing on her today on other parts of her body and decided it would be best to put her down as it seemed unrealistic to treat her as removing the major tumors alone would be so costly and the fact they seem to be spreading which means likely removing even some would be a lost cause. Plus at her age (Nearly 11 yrs old) the types and amount of surgeries she would need would probably be too risky

Honestly was hopeful she would make it thru another summer but decided to do this and it sucks

Next weekend when my nieces and nephews come over I will let them know we had to put her down. My other dog (Her sister) has been looking around for her all morning

Worst part about owning dogs is this moment

No more dogs for me honestly after my other one dies because this part of being dog owner is worst part
Sorry for your loss. It's heart wrenching and sucks. I had to put my dog down about two weeks ago. But he absolutely changed my life for the better and will always have fond memories.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got hit by a car while on the bike last night. Guy turned into the bike lane and then came to a crawl. Nothing I could do to go around since there is a barrier between road and bike lane, but there was an opening for a driveway he was pulling into.

Called cops to file a report. Waited 3.5 hours and still didn’t show up. Apparently an office involved shooting elsewhere so all the cops were tied up there. Call dispatcher again and she says it’s going to be a few more hours.

The guy at first didn’t want to let me see his insurance for some reason, but after he hears that he finally gives it to me. Dispatcher eventually calls that they’re at the scene about 6 hours after the fact. I tell them we swapped info and left and asked if I could come file a report in the morning. They say no because now since we swapped info it’s a civil suit. Apparently I was suppose to stand on the side of the street for 6 hours and freeze my ass off when the sun went down for 4 of those hours in shorts and a t shirt with temps in the low 40s.

Absolute bullshit.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Got hit by a car while on the bike last night. Guy turned into the bike lane and then came to a crawl. Nothing I could do to go around since there is a barrier between road and bike lane, but there was an opening for a driveway he was pulling into.

Called cops to file a report. Waited 3.5 hours and still didn’t show up. Apparently an office involved shooting elsewhere so all the cops were tied up there. Call dispatcher again and she says it’s going to be a few more hours.

The guy at first didn’t want to let me see his insurance for some reason, but after he hears that he finally gives it to me. Dispatcher eventually calls that they’re at the scene about 6 hours after the fact. I tell them we swapped info and left and asked if I could come file a report in the morning. They say no because now since we swapped info it’s a civil suit. Apparently I was suppose to stand on the side of the street for 6 hours and freeze my ass off when the sun went down for 4 of those hours in shorts and a t shirt with temps in the low 40s.

Absolute bull****.

Wow. That's f***ing ridiculous. I'd be going after the city/PD as well as the driver. Sorry Ray.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Yeah, and my bike has some serious damage so I really wanted that police report. Might run a $500-600 if not upwards to $1000 just to replace and fix what’s broke.

Luckily I do have a picture of his car still literally in the middle of the bike lane, so as long as the insurance info he gave me is legit I can’t imagine they’d fight me too hard on recouping the repair costs.

JPocedo_d.jpg

Reactions: ChiHawks10

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I think it was April 27th I got hit last year. Got my settlement check for medical bills from it this week actually which wound up being less than what I paid in bills. :shakehead

April 2019 I’m quitting cycling. Will pick it back up May 1st.

On the bright side, selling my wife on a mountain bike for me has never been easier. :laugh:

Reactions: CourtneyDagger50

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I think it was April 27th I got hit last year. Got my settlement check for medical bills from it this week actually which wound up being less than what I paid in bills. :shakehead

April 2019 I’m quitting cycling. Will pick it back up May 1st.

On the bright side, selling my wife on a mountain bike for me has never been easier. :laugh:

The $1100 bike is nice but it’s not as safe as the $2200 model, which one should I get?

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
I imagine it will cost you more than that since you are an enthusiast. I actually bought a bike a couple years ago, a Trek, street bike, not mountain, I haven’t ridden it enough, this summer I need to get on that.

What are you looking at getting with this new one?

———

Oh yeah, it’s freaking beautiful out around here today, how lucky are we? Much better than last weekend.

My road bike was about $3000, and then I upgraded the wheels and those were about $1500. And I’m getting a power meter next month and that’ll be about another $1000.

The mountain bike I’m looking is $1175 so not too bad there, and I’ll need pedals for that which will run $150 ish. Hopefully I can use same shoes as my road bike but if not another $150 there. Shouldn’t need anything else after that.

This is what I’m planning on getting.

Fathom 2 (2018) - Giant Bicycles | United States

I need a new cheaper hobby.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
My road bike was about $3000, and then I upgraded the wheels and those were about $1500. And I’m getting a power meter next month and that’ll be about another $1000.

The mountain bike I’m looking is $1175 so not too bad there, and I’ll need pedals for that which will run $150 ish. Hopefully I can use same shoes as my road bike but if not another $150 there. Shouldn’t need anything else after that.

Most hobbies, even if you initially expect them to be cheap, never end up that way.

Speaking of money... paying for fantasy baseball today? Haha. You're the last one.

Reactions: RayP

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Most hobbies, even if you initially expect them to be cheap, never end up that way.

Speaking of money... paying for fantasy baseball today? Haha. You're the last one.

Yeah when I get home I’ll take care of that. Yahoo on my phone is a nightmare. Not sure why it’s so slow to load everything.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010

Very Cool.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN

I managed to buy a 2006 Trek Elite 9.8 at a garage sale 7 or 8 years ago for $100 bucks (lady was getting divorced and it was her husbands bike). Best bike I have ever owned. Unfortunately I broke the frame on a tree. It was a sad day.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I managed to buy a 2006 Trek Elite 9.8 at a garage sale 7 or 8 years ago for $100 bucks (lady was getting divorced and it was her husbands bike). Best bike I have ever owned. Unfortunately I broke the frame on a tree. It was a sad day.

Man, now that’s my kind of garage sale. They need to advertise those as divorce garage sales. She just wants to get rid of the stuff so it’s priced to sell. Do you remember any other interesting stuff priced low?

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Man, now that’s my kind of garage sale. They need to advertise those as divorce garage sales. She just wants to get rid of the stuff so it’s priced to sell. Do you remember any other interesting stuff priced low?

I grabbed the bike and got out of there as fast as I could because I knew her husband would not want her selling this bike for 100 bucks.

My wife and her mother love estate sales so they go to them in the area we live in MN a decent amount.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
I grabbed the bike and got out of there as fast as I could because I knew her husband would not want her selling this bike for 100 bucks.

My wife and her mother love estate sales so they go to them in the area we live in MN a decent amount.

Oh, so they were both there selling each other’s stuff? That’s hilarious. That’s some War of the Roses shit, don’t blame you at all for hightailing it out.

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Your phone sucks? ;)

You using the app, or going through the web?

Only website I have issues with ever, and it’s every time. Using Chrome via iPhone.

That’s awesome. I’d never buy one without a factory warranty unless it were a ridiculous deal like that. I’ve broken several frames that were replaced at no cost to me. That’s saved me almost $5000 combined.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Only website I have issues with ever, and it’s every time. Using Chrome via iPhone.

That’s awesome. I’d never buy one without a factory warranty unless it were a ridiculous deal like that. I’ve broken several frames that were replaced at no cost to me. That’s saved me almost $5000 combined.

Download the Yahoo fantasy sports app! :laugh:
Don't use the browser mobile version on the phone. You're asking for problems. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot