Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
He will be in a minimum security prison most likely when he is sentenced and could also probably be put in protective custody

Rarely do celebrities receive same treatment as normal criminals

b1e9a8r5s

Feb 16, 2015
Chicago, IL
I have the worst case of senioritis at work. My daughters "due" (scheduled C section) next Tuesday and I've gotten everything squared away at work for the 3 weeks I'll be off and I'm just starring at the clock all day waiting to get out of here. That's not to say there aren't things I could be doing, but there's nothing pressing and I've mentally checked out, lol. This has been the longest day ever and I have to come in tomorrow and Monday too.

Blue Liner

Dec 12, 2009
Chicago
I have the worst case of senioritis at work. My daughters "due" (scheduled C section) next Tuesday and I've gotten everything squared away at work for the 3 weeks I'll be off and I'm just starring at the clock all day waiting to get out of here. That's not to say there aren't things I could be doing, but there's nothing pressing and I've mentally checked out, lol. This has been the longest day ever and I have to come in tomorrow and Monday too.

Good for you that you'll get to be home that much after the birth. Envious of our friends to the North who get paternity leave.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Paid?

Either way that's pretty sweet. 12 weeks is what my wife gets, and only half of it is paid.

I got 3 or 4 weeks paid but they let me use sick/vacation/personal days to allow me to be paid for the rest of the time....I saved up. So in the end they were all paid but my PTO bank was pretty depleted.

Reactions: b1e9a8r5s

Teemu

Caffeine Free Since 1919
Dec 3, 2002
Ugh. Re-watching Deadwood and just got to the bladder stone episodes

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Caught up on The Walking Dead.... only way I could watch it was 3-4 episodes at a time because the writing was so frustrating. However, last 3 episodes, I really enjoyed. Hated the finale at first but I think I'm OK with it.

I was never a big fan of Carl anyways, so when they killed him off, I was OK, however, it seemed Gimple took the bullet for that decision, which led to his "promotion" and a new head writer to step up. This is great because I think Gimple was a train wreck and nearly ruined the show. The writing was BAD, extremely bad, laughable at how predictable and lame it was.

Finale was OK, I think Rick should have killed Negan, the whole Carl's vision/light was weak, but Maggie/Jesus/Daryl conspiring to take him out is OK. Negan/Jeffrey Dean Morgan was actually a really entertaining character, he actually grows on your after the first time you meet him when you hate the guy.

I think the show is carrying on too much dead weight at this point in the cast, but I need more TV content so I would like to see this new writer really turn the show around. I really hope they let the show die around 10-12 seasons.

Can't wait for Preacher to come back on but that will be forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad