Anything Goes 30: Topicality Not Found

Status
Not open for further replies.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Snorkeling turning out to be a pricey excursion.

$100 pp but then I had to buy gear +$40 then I need reef safe sunscreen +$20 and a rash guard +$30

But I'm not going to be that jerk destroying the reef.

nerd-martini-picture-id172264778

JK JK Have fun!

Reactions: Easy E

RayP

Tf
Jan 12, 2011
Got a couple inches of snow out here last night and this morning. No complaints here though. Makes the trails more fun to run and noting but 60s and 70s in the 10 day forecast.

hawksrule

Lot of brains but no polish
May 18, 2014
Snorkeling turning out to be a pricey excursion.

$100 pp but then I had to buy gear +$40 then I need reef safe sunscreen +$20 and a rash guard +$30

But I'm not going to be that jerk destroying the reef.

Make peace with the fact that your vacation will cost a bundle, and put it out of your mind.

Reactions: ColdSteel2 and RayP

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Got a couple inches of snow out here last night and this morning. No complaints here though. Makes the trails more fun to run and noting but 60s and 70s in the 10 day forecast.

Here too. It seems like it’s going to go from cold to hot with a short spring which sucks because it’s the best season.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Anybody have any experience with LASIK eye surgery? Considering getting it done

My boss got it done, he's happy with it, he had some issues with his eyes being a little blurry still but I think it went away over time. Procedure took like a day and he was back.

I know two other people, one got LASIK and one got PRK, both were pretty much blind before, now they just have dry eyes but see great .

Reactions: TorMenT

TorMenT

Go Blackhawks!
Sponsor
Oct 24, 2011
Rockford, IL
Hmmm never heard of PRK. More research I guess. I have some friends who have gotten it and all recommend it. Just scared to do something that involves my eye sight...

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
I have a major fear of essentially anything eye-related, to the point where I can't even attempt to put in contacts and feel a bit queasy when I even see mascara commercials. I'm apparently a prime candidate for LASIK, but the actual procedure would just freak me out too much to ever give it a try.

I'll just stick with horrid vision fixed by expensive glasses for the rest of my life. Have to pay extra for the ultra thin lenses otherwise my glasses would be freaking Coke bottles.

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
I have a major fear of essentially anything eye-related, to the point where I can't even attempt to put in contacts and feel a bit queasy when I even see mascara commercials. I'm apparently a prime candidate for LASIK, but the actual procedure would just freak me out too much to ever give it a try.

I'll just stick with horrid vision fixed by expensive glasses for the rest of my life. Have to pay extra for the ultra thin lenses otherwise my glasses would be freaking Coke bottles.

God bless my -.50 eyes. Good enough to see without glasses or contacts.... For the most part .

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
In other news, one of my nephews was bragging about how much in-game money he was making in a crappy mobile game over Easter. Fast forward to a few minutes ago, and while listening YouTube playlist that I essentially use as work podcast, a commercial for that same game came up that explicitly advertised it as "the easiest game ever."

I smirked heartily.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
In other news, one of my nephews was bragging about how much in-game money he was making in a crappy mobile game over Easter. Fast forward to a few minutes ago, and while listening YouTube playlist that I essentially use as work podcast, a commercial for that same game came up that explicitly advertised it as "the easiest game ever."

I smirked heartily.

Well, if it’s like that between you guys, tell him you’ve got a lot of in-game money in this game called life, hard mode m-fer.

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Just stay away from it honestly. Seems like you would be walking into high school drama.

I am sure most people here have a buddy or buddies like this in their friends group.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Just stay away from it honestly. Seems like you would be walking into high school drama.

I am sure most people here have a buddy or buddies like this in their friends group.

This. Especially with the guy being engaged.

And yes, I have a buddy like this. He would bang anything and everything with a vagina and two legs.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
Today is a shit day

Took my dog into vet today for surgery and instead put her down. Tumors seemed to explode all over her the last two months and grew at fast rate. She gained 16 pounds in last couple months likely as a result of tumor weight

Found more growing on her today on other parts of her body and decided it would be best to put her down as it seemed unrealistic to treat her as removing the major tumors alone would be so costly and the fact they seem to be spreading which means likely removing even some would be a lost cause. Plus at her age (Nearly 11 yrs old) the types and amount of surgeries she would need would probably be too risky

Honestly was hopeful she would make it thru another summer but decided to do this and it sucks

Next weekend when my nieces and nephews come over I will let them know we had to put her down. My other dog (Her sister) has been looking around for her all morning

Worst part about owning dogs is this moment

No more dogs for me honestly after my other one dies because this part of being dog owner is worst part

Easy E

Jun 9, 2015
Today is a **** day

Took my dog into vet today for surgery and instead put her down. Tumors seemed to explode all over her the last two months and grew at fast rate. She gained 16 pounds in last couple months likely as a result of tumor weight

Found more growing on her today on other parts of her body and decided it would be best to put her down as it seemed unrealistic to treat her as removing the major tumors alone would be so costly and the fact they seem to be spreading which means likely removing even some would be a lost cause. Plus at her age (Nearly 11 yrs old) the types and amount of surgeries she would need would probably be too risky

Honestly was hopeful she would make it thru another summer but decided to do this and it sucks

Next weekend when my nieces and nephews come over I will let them know we had to put her down. My other dog (Her sister) has been looking around for her all morning

No more dogs for me honestly after my other one dies because this part of being dog owner is worst part

Sorry to hear. Remember all the good times you had and you better believe she would say thank you for the good life.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
So just stay friends, proceed as usual? That’s what I was going to do, I don’t want to be involved in any way and his fiancé will know something is up if I just avoid him. I don’t care personally, but I don’t want him stalking my friends either. But she handled it well I thought and didn’t care. We’ll just park it and see if any other incidents happen in the future.

One incident I know is going to happen at some point is him getting a divorce and her getting part of his pay check. I don’t even like her that much as a person but she deserves it. What a POS. Time for Coldy to start dating and find a GF. The current situation of doing my own thing and hanging out with friends has been fun as it has given me a lot of free time to pursue my goals, but the stuff I really wanted to get done is mostly done and I now have time for a relationship. Thanks guys.

Probably the best way to proceed.

Reactions: ColdSteel2

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Today is a **** day

Sorry about your dog, BWC. They really are like a member of the family. Always sucks to put one down, even if it's what is best.

DisgruntledHawkFan

Blackhawk Down
Jun 19, 2004
South Side
Sorry about the doggo BWC. It's the worst. I've thought a couple times about getting another one since I put mine down a few years back but I just can't commit at this point.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010

Recently had to put down our 3rd and final dog due to cancer. I think I'm done with dogs for good. Just too hard getting so attached to something knowing it will only be around 10-15 years and probably the last 2 of those years you have to watch its health decline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad