Any team have an answer for Crosby-Malkin-Kessel?

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
nobody in this world can stop this 3 headed monster, nobody did the last 2 years and you think this year will be any different?

dream big kids LOL

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Still pushed them to 6 games without Johansen & Fiala. Colton freaking Sissons was playing 1C due to injuries Lol.

I think a healthy Johansen & Fiala, plus Turris this year beats the Pens.

And Ron freaking Hainsey was getting top pairing minutes because Letang was out, and Cole and Schultz were playing with broken ribs the final two rounds.

Both teams had to deal with serious injuries to key guys.

NeedleInTheHay

Mar 26, 2008
Still pushed them to 6 games without Johansen & Fiala. Colton freaking Sissons was playing 1C due to injuries Lol.

Do you forget Ron freaking Hainsey was on the pens top pairing due to injury?

Nobody can stop the big 3.

HolyJumpin

Sep 30, 2016

I don't think Johansen is really the solution to make these two teams work head to head. He's consistently lost steam every year. I do think Turris is a great add that would help in the hypothetical rematch.

It's the D that really makes Nashville work. Being able to throw out two (if not three) consistently fantastically defensive pairings is what puts them over.

Extra Texture

A new career
Mar 21, 2008
in a new town
12 months ago winning two in a row was considered impossible in the cap era. Now it’s “can anyone stop them because of three stars”? :laugh:

Guess what? They still have clocked a lot of miles these past few years and will be tired by the time the playoffs start. And there are several hungry eastern teams looking to knock them off. EVen if they get to the eastern finals, Tampa, Boston or Toronto will give them a series.

Vintage illpucks thread.

You can just see him now, getting a new set of divining rods and stocking up on incense in preparation for the playoffs.

Last edited:

bobholly39

Mar 10, 2013
I still feel like the Preds played well enough to win against the Pens, but the breaks just didn't go their way. In a rematch, anything could happen.

Oh yeah for sure.
I think Pitt will be seen as the favorite in any matchup this year based on their 2 cups and repeated resiliency. But being a favorite doesn't mean you're unbeatable.

Nashville was a close series last year and Nashville can certainly match up to them very well should they meet again this year.

CanadianPensFan1

Jun 13, 2014
Canada
Oh yeah for sure.
I think Pitt will be seen as the favorite in any matchup this year based on their 2 cups and repeated resiliency. But being a favorite doesn't mean you're unbeatable.

Nashville was a close series last year and Nashville can certainly match up to them very well should they meet again this year.

Yeah this

The pens are starting to round into form.. a change from the 3.5 months of pure dogshit.

There are definitely still a few holes to fill and some bad habits to fix. But they are starting to look good. That, combined with the experience of 2 cup runs, I wouldn't count them out.

Now they could just as easily flame out in the first round cause . . That's how the playoffs go.

I'm just happy they are playing well again. I've said this before but .. Just show up. If you do that and lose, So be it .

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
Malkin has missed too few games this regular. He needs to get injured pretty soon to be healthy and rested during the playoffs. Otherwise, he'll get his injury anyway, but exactly when it counts the most.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
And Ron freaking Hainsey was getting top pairing minutes because Letang was out, and Cole and Schultz were playing with broken ribs the final two rounds.

.......and Hornqvist had a broken hand, Bonino broke his leg, Hagelin’s leg didn’t heal properly.

Freedom

Jan 23, 2017
Czech republic
Oh yeah for sure.

I want see Tampa vs. Pittsburgh again this year. It slould be one fun series if it will happen. Tampa is really great and it will be true task for the 2-time defending champions.

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009

I'm pretty sure the poster's point was that Nashville is deeper now than they were last year, so those injuries that essentially killed the Predators' offense might not have as big of an impact this year.

Reactions: BHD

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
There is no answer for these three. They can play on 3 separate lines and roll out one after another, and then when you get them on the PP, you're toast.

RomanEmpire

Feb 26, 2013
Nashville, TN
I'm pretty sure the poster's point was that Nashville is deeper now than they were last year, so those injuries that essentially killed the Predators' offense might not have as big of an impact this year.

Thank you.

Was just saying adding a healthy Johansen, Fiala, & Turris would make this matchup a lot more interesting.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Eriksson Sutter Gagner
Pouliot Gudbranson

Theres the correct response

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Bergeron+Marchand up front and Chara+Rask on the back end. Remember Crosby and Malkin's glittering ECF line of 0-0-0

Fair enough...but I think an argument from 2013 is relevant after the revamp of the Pens roster that led them to two cups.

To clarify, OP wasn't suggesting Crosby-Malkin-Kessel on the same line vs your teams shutdown line. He was referring to the fact that L1 has Crosby, L2 has Malkin, L3 has Kessel. All top 10 in scoring, can any team match that kind of firepower with depth. One good line won't contain all three lines.

Fatty McLardy

Oct 6, 2017
Bergeron+Marchand up front and Chara+Rask on the back end. Remember Crosby and Malkin's glittering ECF line of 0-0-0

That was a slow ass penguins team, not to mention the biggest different in coach...Bylsma was known for not being able to adapt during a playoff series..

Reactions: BHD

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
a) Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak
b) Benn-Seguin-Radulov
c) Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
d) Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
e) Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie

Lol they may not be there, but I think Pittsburgh's top three get over-hyped, so I'm giving these five groups some credit.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad