Any team have an answer for Crosby-Malkin-Kessel?

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Pens GM is a genius for fitting them under the cap. In the Caps-Pens game the Caps had only 1 player (Ovie) on their level.

Scotty Pucks

Bring back “Doop” as Flyers Goal Song
Apr 1, 2012
Pennsylvania
They will need depth scoring and solid D. They rely too heavy on those 3 so far this year it seems.

Depth is the big reason they won those 2 cups - young guys came out of nowhere and played extremely well, in addition to solid contributions from veterans like Kunitz, Fleury, Daley, Cullen, Bonino who are no longer on the team.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
You still need the right role players around any stars in today’s NHL to go all the way. The best teams win not necessarily the best teams on paper (which Pens aren’t currently).

It does help to have 3 elite playoff performers on seperate lines who can drive the play.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
That's like saying "if I had to race against this guy, I would choose either a Ferrari, or a BMW 3 series."

Those two lines are not the same caliber lol

Might be some recency bias but watched Kesler do pretty well shutting down McDavid this past post-season.

BMW M4 GTS - 7:27.88 around Nürburgring
Ferrari 458 - 7:32.92 around Nürburgring

4-series are just 3-series with missing doors :sarcasm:
Love the car analogy by the way.

Reactions: Vipers31

PensandCaps

Beddy Tlueger
May 22, 2015
Tampa can match the Pens depth easily.

Put the big three on different lines(Stamkos,Point and Kucherov)

They also have very good Role players to fill out the lineup.
(Gourde,Names,Palat,Johnson,Killorn)

Reactions: ZeroPucksGiven

shtorm2005

Aug 9, 2015
Montreal, Canada
They are offensive stars, but pretty good 2-way line can shut them down. Not sure if any team has it, since I dont watch them all, but maybe VGK?

P.S. Im pretty sure that any team will try to play clean against pens in playoffs since they are scary on power play, well except flyers probably) pens/flyers games are hot!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->