Any team have an answer for Crosby-Malkin-Kessel?

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
... kessel steps up like almost no one else during the playoffs, he’s definitely scary!

He's an Oilers fan, he wouldn't know that.

Anyway, no team can match up to the trio that is Crosby, Malkin and Kessel, but they don't have to in order to beat the Penguins. If/when the Penguins lose in the playoffs, it will be their defense and goaltending that lets them down (team defense, not just their defensemen). They're going to score goals, that's not going to be a question. They just need their defense and goaltending to be just good enough, which might not happen in any series.

Reactions: CanadianPensFan1

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
I would add letang and ian cole to that line as well

but hall-mcdavid-drai would have been
Ian Cole has 1 stellar play a game but 10 abysmal ones with 1 100% going in our net. Please refrain from praising him ever again.
Hall McDavid Drai wouldn't have been great. Hall wouldn't have gotten along with McDavid due to the spot light not being on him. Take ego out and it would have been a deadly line. But thats all the oilers would have been is a one trick pony. Oh wait.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
a) Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak
b) Benn-Seguin-Radulov
c) Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
d) Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
e) Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie

Lol they may not be there, but I think Pittsburgh's top three get over-hyped, so I'm giving these five groups some credit.
A) matches up well
B) depends if they're on or off. they can play with the best of the best.
C) simply put, no.
D) doesn't matter who's on Stamerov's wing they're gonna get carried.
E) Sub par play from Backstrom and Oshie doesn't bode well for the future even if Ovi is the best goal scorer of all time.

Mind you Crosby Malkin and Kessel don't play together unless its the power play and these 5 are all set lines that play night in night out and all have a lower conversion rate on the PP, but play together constantly.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Bergeron+Marchand up front and Chara+Rask on the back end. Remember Crosby and Malkin's glittering ECF line of 0-0-0

now we just need a flyers fan to chime in "a team needs to play them the same way the flyers did in 2012", maybe a montreal fan should chime in to with their own pearls of wisdom claiming a pens loss from 2010 or whatever distant past loss is somehow relevant today

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
A) matches up well
B) depends if they're on or off. they can play with the best of the best.
C) simply put, no.
D) doesn't matter who's on Stamerov's wing they're gonna get carried.
E) Sub par play from Backstrom and Oshie doesn't bode well for the future even if Ovi is the best goal scorer of all time.

Mind you Crosby Malkin and Kessel don't play together unless its the power play and these 5 are all set lines that play night in night out and all have a lower conversion rate on the PP, but play together constantly.
Yeah I'll admit the Mac line was a stretch. And I'm honestly not sure how many games Stamerov played with Killorn.

member 147413

Kessel managed to go from most underrated player in the league to one of the more overrated. Amazing what winning a cup with two of the best players in the world can due to fan perception.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: b in vancouver

catters078

Jun 18, 2008
Australia
Pittsburghs top 3 is the best but Dallas top line of Benn-Seguin-Radulov goes close.

Pittsburghs line was split up the other night when they played each other. Would have been great to see them go head to head for some shifts

GordieHowsUrBreath

Nostalgia... STOP DWELLING ON THE PAST
Jun 16, 2016
Kessel managed to go from most underrated player in the league to one of the more overrated. Amazing what winning a cup with two of the best players in the world can due to fan perception.

actually he was considered most overrated before he was a pen

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Pens GM is a genius for fitting them under the cap. In the Caps-Pens game the Caps had only 1 player (Ovie) on their level.
Can't give Rutherford credit for that. He had Crosby and Malkin on steals already.

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Pittsburghs top 3 is the best but Dallas top line of Benn-Seguin-Radulov goes close.

Pittsburghs line was split up the other night when they played each other. Would have been great to see them go head to head for some shifts

That line would go against Crosby. What answer does Dallas have for Malkin on the 2nd line and then Kessel coming on the 3rd? How does the Dallas trio stop 3 first lines if they're only matched against Crosby?

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
a) Marchand-Bergeron-Pasternak
b) Benn-Seguin-Radulov
c) Landeskog-MacKinnon-Rantanen
d) Killorn-Stamkos-Kucherov
e) Ovechkin-Backstrom-Oshie

Lol they may not be there, but I think Pittsburgh's top three get over-hyped, so I'm giving these five groups some credit.
What separates Pittsburgh is their big 3 can each carry their own line.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

Jerkob Slavin

Likable Jerk
Mar 8, 2012
Monroe, NC
I’d love to see the Canes get a chance to try. We’ve got solid 2 way forwards and a great defense. We’d need Ward to play out of his mind though.

Even if (when) we lost, we’d celebrate. We haven’t played bonus hockey in far too long.

Thenameless

Apr 29, 2014
... kessel steps up like almost no one else during the playoffs, he’s definitely scary!

Yes, and who cares how a player gets his points. If he's better in certain situations than in others, he should take advantage of his strengths. It's a silly comment like "he's only good in the offensive zone". That's why you have a team. Not all players are the same.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad