Any team have an answer for Crosby-Malkin-Kessel?

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Yeah I'll admit the Mac line was a stretch. And I'm honestly not sure how many games Stamerov played with Killorn.
Backstorm on the Myers goal tonight was just wowzerz. Still caps are a good team but the Jets burned them, Schiefle (i cant spell right now) was a beast tonight. Could the Jets have a big three coming up? Stamkos Kuch is great combo, but they need a consistent third all the time and stop swapping players.

Reactions: MajorLeafsFan

MajorLeafsFan

Jul 19, 2017
Backstorm on the Myers goal tonight was just wowzerz. Still caps are a good team but the Jets burned them, Schiefle (i cant spell right now) was a beast tonight. Could the Jets have a big three coming up? Stamkos Kuch is great combo, but they need a consistent third all the time and stop swapping players.
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler? This is a pretty good big 3

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
Still pushed them to 6 games without Johansen & Fiala. Colton freaking Sissons was playing 1C due to injuries Lol.

I think a healthy Johansen & Fiala, plus Turris this year beats the Pens.
A yes.... a 10 goal, 50 point 1c, and another 50 point guy. How scary.

ziggyjoe212

Oct 2, 2017
You still need the right role players around any stars in today’s NHL to go all the way. The best teams win not necessarily the best teams on paper (which Pens aren’t currently).

It does help to have 3 elite playoff performers on seperate lines who can drive the play.
I think the Pens are the best team on paper.
Best high end talent
Deepest top 9
Solid top 4
Arguably the deepest top 8 D core.

Pens only weakness atm is 3C and Murray, and bot have improved tremendously since January 1.

Mass

Feb 18, 2013
Baltimore, MD
I think the Pens are the best team on paper.
Best high end talent
Deepest top 9
Solid top 4
Arguably the deepest top 8 D core.

Pens only weakness atm is 3C and Murray, and bot have improved tremendously since January 1.

Good one. At most, for this season, one of those five things is true.

Last edited:
Reactions: haveandare

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
If TB gets McDonagh somehow as has been rumored, they have a good chance. Hedman - Stralman against one line, McDonagh and Girardi/Dotchin against the other. Obviously Girardi/Dotchin aren't on the level the other 3 guys are but with McD and against the weaker of the two lines they should be able to do a pretty solid job.

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
Causing teams fits. No answer for 2 years. Will someone have an answer or not this year?
I remember in 12-13, threads with "who will stop the Penguins offense"... It doesn't mean that because they won two cups in a row that they will continue to do so. Possible? Yes. Guaranteed? Nah.

But for complete jinxing purpose I will say the following: YES, they will make the playoffs... YES, the Bruins will never beat them in a series... YES, they will win the Cup.
Now let the voodoo work its magic.

John Matthews

Dec 4, 2017
On a computer
Laine-Scheifele-Wheeler? This is a pretty good big 3
Not hating by any means as they are a great trio, but they don't have that next gear yet that some of the others have. I do believe for at least 1 year in the next 3-5 that Laine- Scheifele- Wheeler will be one of if not the most dangerous in the NHL. Sorta like Ovi - Backstrom - X have been able to be. Laine looks like a hell of a dangerous player on every shift but he needs to evolve as teams will need to adapt to defend against him, thus allowing him to use his bread nd butter for the goals.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
Kessel managed to go from most underrated player in the league to one of the more overrated. Amazing what winning a cup with two of the best players in the world can due to fan perception.

Playoff Phil on his own line.

22 pts in 24 games
23 pts in 25 games

Yup, this post cant be sincere.... right?

Reactions: KareemTrustfund

SSJ3 Lunar

WWE made me jaded
Nov 2, 2010
Atlanta
Johansen
Turris
Bonino
Fisher
Sissons
Jarnkrok

All C besides Turris (and Fisher for obvious reasons) are above 50% in the FO

We coming back, and this time with better center depth.

Josi - Ellis
Ekholm - Subban

No team has a better top four.

Would be a fun rematch regardless of outcome.

member 147413

Playoff Phil on his own line.

22 pts in 24 games
23 pts in 25 games

Yup, this post cant be sincere.... right?
And in Toronto and Boston for playoffs 22Gp 21P

What changed?

66% ozone starts even strength, easy minutes. Better yet! 71% ozone starts even strength in playoffs.

Great offensive player who is being overrated.

pokey10

Neat
Apr 26, 2016
Pittsburgh
And in Toronto and Boston for playoffs 22Gp 21P

You give O zone starts to those players for a reason, you cant fault Phil for when his coach put him on the ice. Phil is nearly a point per game in the playoffs, and that wassnt exclusively in Pittsburgh... Lord, penguin haters will literally grasp at any straw they can.

member 147413

You give O zone starts to those players for a reason, you cant fault Phil for when his coach put him on the ice. Phil is nearly a point per game in the playoffs, and that wassnt exclusively in Pittsburgh... Lord, penguin haters will literally grasp at any straw they can.
I like the Penguins, I’m making a point that he never got this praise from fans outside of Toronto until he left Toronto.

Now that he is, his abilities are being way over exaggerated. He was always a PPG playoff player before Pittsburgh. He always sucked defensively before Pittsburgh.

He’s a phenomenal offensive player, but people need to calm down about his overall abilities.

He’s the exact same player he was as in Toronto.

I’m not blaming him for the position his coach puts him in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->