Waived: Antti Niemi (DeSmith Returned, Jarry Recalled)

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Hammond is awful. I'd try to get Hutchinson for a pick, and maybe some salary retained.

Jaded-Fan

Mar 18, 2004
Pittsburgh
Man.. I know situations change quickly but it's crazy that Pickard clears and Niemi doesn't.

Our goalie depth is very bad all of a sudden.

Timing.

Obviously Pickard would not have cleared today. Several teams are in need.

And the only reason Florida bit was that there was a connection between Niemi and their GM.

Aug 4, 2008
Rochester, NY
I thought maybe Vegas would claim if anyone (Subban and Fleury both injured). Did not see this coming.

Gotta think something will be done now. Either a signing or trade.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
It's crazy that Niemi was claimed by Florida in part because we injured their goalie. JR should give Sheary a bonus :laugh:

Rufus

Letangarang
May 27, 2014
Hutchinson is good. Someone like Enroth fits the profile too. What ever happened to Karri Ramo?

Big McLargehuge

Fragile Traveler
May 9, 2002
S. Pasadena, CA
Well, I did not see this happening...nice.

Downside is that the organization is going to have to add a goaltender for WBS/Wheeling at some point...though it does clear a contract spot without needing it to be replaced (no reason for whatever goalie is added to the minors to be on anything other than an AHL/ECHL deal).

TimmyD

Nov 11, 2013
Greensburg, PA
Yohe is pandering to the 90% of yinzers that want Marc Andre Fleury canonized. (Funny tickets for this Thursday's Jet's game, I couldn't give away if I wanted to. The Vegas game, I already sold that game for over $300. Which is more than double of what I could get for most playoff games last year, haha.)

I mean if you are really just giving them away I would glad those tickets off your hands lol. I'm assuming you just meant that no one wants to buy them though because it's the Jets hahaha

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
You think DeSmith play tonight? Edmoton has been awful so it might be a good place for him to start, no?

Do you think he should see his first NHL action against Connor McDavid? I know Edmonton is having a rough stretch but they're not Pittsburgh. Most teams don't have weird trouble with random no-name goalies like we do.

EDIT: *looks at schedule, sees Winnipeg up after Edmonton*

Meh, well, I guess he'll just git lit up a little by Laine instead. Still a better draw than the McOilers.

Speaking Moistly

What a terrible image.
Feb 19, 2013
Injured Reserve
Do you think he should see his first NHL action against Connor McDavid? I know Edmonton is having a rough stretch but they're not Pittsburgh. Most teams don't have weird trouble with random no-name goalies like we do.

EDIT: *looks at schedule, sees Winnipeg up after Edmonton*

Meh, well, I guess he'll just git lit up a little by Laine instead. Still a better draw than the McOilers.

He won't start until the 28/29 back to back. Minnesota and then the Jets. Neither is doing amazingly well, both are out west and Minnesota is Penguins style healthy so he might get that start.

Corvidae

May 5, 2009
He won't start until the 28/29 back to back. Minnesota and then the Jets. Neither is doing amazingly well, both are out west and Minnesota is Penguins style healthy so he might get that start.

Ah, I just assumed Edmonton and Winnipeg were B2B and didn't notice that dates. Yeah, that makes sense.

Shaffer

GuentzGoal
May 20, 2017
For a 7th, what’s the harm for Hammond or Hutchinson. Probably need to send back a contract so one of our AHL D’s and a 7th for one would be good.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad