Player Discussion Anthony DeAngelo (Mod warning in OP and post 197. READ IT)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Did you watch the games?
No, but only 2 assists in 7 GP?

That's not really a promising look for someone of his talent level. Hopefully when he's over being sick, or whatever is keeping him out of the games, he can get back on the ice and do some damage.

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
No, but only 2 assists in 7 GP?

That's not really a promising look for someone of his talent level. Hopefully when he's over being sick, or whatever is keeping him out of the games, he can get back on the ice and do some damage.

Points don't tell the entire story. Especially from the back-end.

Larrybiv

We're CLEAN, we PROMISE!
May 14, 2013
South Florida
Whatever the reason for him not playing for a few games now, he's shown mediocre results in the games he has been playing.
I haven't been watching, but just because he's not putting up points.....doesn't necessarily mean he isn't playing well. I think that's what some are saying. Me as well.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
i had a flu bug like 4 years ago during christmas that i legit though i was going to die from. it took me over a month to get over it. i missed a bunch of hockey games..my GF (now wife) at the time also had it and we were miserable. going from the bed, to the bathroom felt like trying to climb mt. everest...it...was...brutal.

IF he has the flu...i'll never knock anyone for missing a bunch of games.

Reactions: mrhockey193195

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
I think I saw somewhere (Herman?) that he was travelling with the team. Would he travelling with a flu this bad? I'm not saying you're wrong or I know, just speculating.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
I think I saw somewhere (Herman?) that he was travelling with the team. Would he travelling with a flu this bad? I'm not saying you're wrong or I know, just speculating.

It has happened in the NHL that players travel with the team and miss the game with the flu. I don't think it's that far fetched to think this would be a similar situation. I am not a fan of DeAngelo but with Chytil being confirmed to have the flu and now DeAngelo being scratched a few games, combined with the fact that the AHL doesn't distinguish DTD from healthy scratch, I am going to assume he is missing games because he has the flu.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
How do they not give all of these guys the flu shot? Like, that seems like it should be standard on any professional sports team that has a team doctor. I know it's not always 100% effective, but still.

silverfish

got perma'd
Jun 24, 2008
under the bridge
It has happened in the NHL that players travel with the team and miss the game with the flu. I don't think it's that far fetched to think this would be a similar situation. I am not a fan of DeAngelo but with Chytil being confirmed to have the flu and now DeAngelo being scratched a few games, combined with the fact that the AHL doesn't distinguish DTD from healthy scratch, I am going to assume he is missing games because he has the flu.

Okay. So nobody knows for certain. I reached out to Hartnett and Tasch on Twitter to see if they know. But I have very serious doubts about the Rangers beat being able to actually do their jobs, so I'm not holding my breath.

Reactions: Mac n Gs

Irishguy42

Mr. Preachy
Sep 11, 2015
NJ
Yes, it would be nice for our beat to find out.

But it would be nice if the Wolf Pack actually made announcements regarding injury or something.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Okay. So nobody knows for certain. I reached out to Hartnett and Tasch on Twitter to see if they know. But I have very serious doubts about the Rangers beat being able to actually do their jobs, so I'm not holding my breath.
He also posted that pic of Lettieri after his Gordie Howe hat trick. Is a guy with a nasty flu travelling with the team like that? I’m not believing he has the flu until it’s verified by a source.

C’mon Brooksie I know you’re reading this

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
How do they not give all of these guys the flu shot? Like, that seems like it should be standard on any professional sports team that has a team doctor. I know it's not always 100% effective, but still.

Flu shots don't prevent flu. It just increases your immune system. It lowers the chance of it happening. Same thing goes for malaria shots.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Flu shots don't prevent flu. It just increases your immune system. It lowers the chance of it happening. Same thing goes for malaria shots.
Thank you, Mr. CDC, for explaining to me what I already know. :laugh:

Really though, do teams give all players the flu shot, or the opportunity to receive one? Is that standard practice?

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It could possibly be the flu.

I've had the flu for 36 hours and I've had the flu for a good two weeks. It depends on the flu.

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Flu shots suck haha
They’re basically shots in the dark (backed by heavy statistical forecast modeling to predict what viral epitopes will be most likely to be present in that season). Learned about their methodology from one of the heads of the FDA. Their bioinformatics approach is fascinating if you’re interested in that stuff

Reactions: klingsor

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012

Flu shots don't work well anyways... The chances of you catching that strain of flu that the flu shot protects you against is very slim

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
Yeah I mean they're only like 50 percent effective in a good year, so why even bother, right? I mean why would anyone want to reduce their likelihood of getting the flu?

Mac n Gs

Gorton plz
Jan 17, 2014
Yeah I mean they're only like 50 percent effective in a good year, so why even bother, right? I mean why would anyone want to reduce their likelihood of getting the flu?
I think the highest recorded efficacy rate is 63%. It’s impossible to fully account for and predict the aberrant replication rate seen in the virus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad