Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Bump.

It is amazing to see what a player can do with some confidence in the lineup. A month ago he was nothing more than a third liner who is not strong on the puck. But now?

Now you are starting to see why he was such a scorer in juniors. The chemistry between him and Barzal has been awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Make me look stupid Tito!
Tito showed early on he has a very good shot and works hard. He went down to AHL got some confidence back. Playing with a world class center like Barzal instead of Nelson also helps. You can see those 2 have chemistry together playing together a lot for team Canada.

Reactions: dood

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
It's nice to see the organization use the AHL to their advantage for once. Hopefully Beauvillier keeps this up. I would be ecstatic if he turned out to be a guy who can legitimately play in the top six.

buud

Ping Pong Predator
Oct 3, 2017
43N -79
i don't think the AHL stint helped. 2 games? nah... he just needed to be playing with other talented players, as he had shown last year.

he certainly could use a few more pounds and experience, but he is legit.

SLAPSHOT723

QU! Bobcats!
Jan 14, 2008
Long Island/NYC
www.nhl.com
Ladd was very good on that line, his skillset fits well with Barzal and Eberle. Beauvillier brings a different dimension, more speed and his past/current chemistry with Barzal is pretty huge.

Completely agree, let's not take away from how good Ladd was playing with Barzal and Eberle. He added that veteran toughness dimension that Beau does not have [yet].

I think moving Ladd down to play with Nelson and whoever will do well for the lineup. I still want to get rid of Nelson. He's really dragging everyone down.

eoin92

Jun 14, 2013
I think this team would benefit greatly from a legit 3c. I wouldn’t like to see Beauvillier off that second line, but will Ladd be as useful with Nelson as his center? It’s amazing, we went from complaining about not having a legit 2c to not having a legit 3c. That third line is just an all around disaster.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think this team would benefit greatly from a legit 3c. I wouldn’t like to see Beauvillier off that second line, but will Ladd be as useful with Nelson as his center? It’s amazing, we went from complaining about not having a legit 2c to not having a legit 3c. That third line is just an all around disaster.

You're right, a legit #3C is the biggest need now. Just goes to show what JT has had to do all of these years as 'the man', he had so little support down the middle.

We have enough wingers and there is a lot of versatility in the lineup from years of mixing and matching lines. Another solid bottom-6 center and health, we're rock solid. The Chiarelli line is fine, get Ladd a running mate so we can roll 4 legit lines.

With Cizikas out, we're a 1 1/2-line team right now. We're winning because Barzal and JT are beasting. Bailey is clearly missed, more by Lee than JT though.

Reactions: eoin92

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Completely agree, let's not take away from how good Ladd was playing with Barzal and Eberle. He added that veteran toughness dimension that Beau does not have [yet].

I think moving Ladd down to play with Nelson and whoever will do well for the lineup. I still want to get rid of Nelson. He's really dragging everyone down.
This is how I picture Nelson before every game
tenor.gif

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
You're right, a legit #3C is the biggest need now. Just goes to show what JT has had to do all of these years as 'the man', he had so little support down the middle.

We have enough wingers and there is a lot of versatility in the lineup from years of mixing and matching lines. Another solid bottom-6 center and health, we're rock solid. The Chiarelli line is fine, get Ladd a running mate so we can roll 4 legit lines.

With Cizikas out, we're a 1 1/2-line team right now. We're winning because Barzal and JT are beasting. Bailey is clearly missed, more by Lee than JT though.

Not sure if you're a speaking in terms of just forwards or not, but I still think they need to add a 3D. Yes, one of Mayfield/Pulock is going to sit on a nightly basis, and while they both probably deserve to be in the lineup (even if it's just in a bottom pairing role), this team needs to strengthen their D core because right now after Boychuk and Leddy there are no veteran guys who are capable of logging big minutes (sorry Hickey).

Shimmy Cocopop

Oct 26, 2017

Ladd was ok with barzal but he clearly can't keep up with the barzal and eberle in the same way Beau can. Curious to see how weight handles this when Ladd is healthy.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Ladd was ok with barzal but he clearly can't keep up with the barzal and eberle in the same way Beau can. Curious to see how weight handles this when Ladd is healthy.
If Beauvillier continue his great play, Weight would have to be completely out of his mind to take him out of this line. Ladd would fit better anyway in the 3rd line.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
If Beauvillier continue his great play, Weight would have to be completely out of his mind to take him out of this line. Ladd would fit better anyway in the 3rd line.

agreed. i think even dropping bailey and bringing up JHS to play with JT would help as well. We would have 2 scoring lines again a third line that would be very defensively responsible if only Nelson wasnt terrible. wont happen though. weight has no balls to take Bailey away from JT.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
agreed. i think even dropping bailey and bringing up JHS to play with JT would help as well. We would have 2 scoring lines again a third line that would be very defensively responsible if only Nelson wasnt terrible. wont happen though. weight has no balls to take Bailey away from JT.

It's incredibly stupid to move Bailey away from Tavares before knowing if Ho-Sang can play there. That's why if there was ever a time to put the two together, it's now. See if Ho-Sang provides more than Bailey did in that spot. If so, great. If not, no harm done.

wingnutks

Nov 17, 2011
It's incredibly stupid to move Bailey away from Tavares before knowing if Ho-Sang can play there. That's why if there was ever a time to put the two together, it's now. See if Ho-Sang provides more than Bailey did in that spot. If so, great. If not, no harm done.
I would say the odds of JHS providing more than Bailey on that first line would be around 1 in a 100

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Tito looks great on the second line. Can't break them up the way they are playing,.

If everyone got healthy and got their head on straight by the end of the year, I wouldn't mind seeing lines like:

JHS - Tavares - Lee
Eberle - Barzal - Beuvillier
Ladd - Cizikas - Bailey
Clutterbuck - Nelson/Quine - Prince

Would really give us a chance to have 3 real scoring lines. We could also add a more defensive/checking type of 4th liner for a 3rd rounder or later at the deadline too and cut our losses with Nelson. Could also quickly put Bailey back on line 1 if it didn't work out.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Nice player who plays the game the right way. Will he be as good as Bergeron highly doubt it. I remember when some people here started comparing CDH to Karlson early on. The second most talented player on this team is Barzal. I would like to see Barzal with Tito on the same line. A great passer with a kid who has a good shot and hockey sense.
Seems like this combo is doing quite well.:D

bigtim1988

YES! YES! YES! YES!
Jun 7, 2009
long island
Get him away from the cancer and he is
Much better. Who would have thought?

Nelson needs to gtfo

LOL came here to post this.

Guy has a nasty wrist shot, but is a black hole in all other facets of the game. His lack of energy is infectious.

Barzal is so good, he creates enough space for his line mates, and a guy like beauvillier has the talent to take advantage of that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad