Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Sorry if this is a duplicate, I searched and didn't find one here yet....

This kid just seems to get better every night. He could have easily had another G & A, and made a couple really nice defensive plays as well. He also stays out of the box, despite being engaged in the play. I really think this kid could end up being another quiet superstar very similar to Bergeron in style.

Reactions: dood

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Sorry if this is a duplicate, I searched and didn't find one here yet....

This kid just seems to get better every night. He could have easily had another G & A, and made a couple really nice defensive plays as well. He also stays out of the box, despite being engaged in the play. I really think this kid could end up being another quiet superstar very similar to Bergeron in style.

I'd love that. He's a really smart player and is a more talented Cizikas. Think he'll end up being a good 2C or a great 3C with time. Love his game.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I'd love that. He's a really smart player and is a more talented Cizikas. Think he'll end up being a good 2C or a great 3C with time. Love his game.
I'm not sure how there people on here that still think Beau will be limited to a 2nd/3rd liner in his prime. He will be one of the Isles top 2-3 players for the next 10 years quite easily.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I'm not sure how there people on here that still think Beau will be limited to a 2nd/3rd liner in his prime. He will be one of the Isles top 2-3 players for the next 10 years quite easily.

Because he's not better than John Tavares? He may not end up being better than Barzal either, so it's not that he's "limited," it's that other players on the roster may end up better than him. There's no chance he's going to be a #1 center.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I agree with you enough. Beauvillier has always shown a lot of offensive potential (in my opinion, as much as Barzal and Ho-Sang), but most here still seems to see him as a good 2-way player (the comparaison with Cizikas is frankly absurd ; never in his life, Cizikas has shown the same offensive potential in the junior or professional level). I hope Beauvillier would get the chance to see more playing time on the PP.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Bergeron could be considered a 2C on some teams, and many would consider him a low key star in this league. And rightfully so.... Selke quality, 60 point centers do not grow on trees. I see that in Beauvillier.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I agree with you enough. Beauvillier has always shown a lot of offensive potential (in my opinion, as much as Barzal and Ho-Sang), but most here still seems to see him as a good 2-way player (the comparaison with Cizikas is frankly absurd ; never in his life, Cizikas has shown the same offensive potential in the junior or professional level). I hope Beauvillier would get the chance to see more playing time on the PP.

Cizikas and Beauvillier both have a great motor, muck it up, and are defensively sound.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Because he's not better than John Tavares? He may not end up being better than Barzal either, so it's not that he's "limited," it's that other players on the roster may end up better than him. There's no chance he's going to be a #1 center.

Who says he's going to play center? He's played a lot of wing thus far and with his goal scoring ability, you and others still undersell his offensive upside by comparing him to Cizikas of all players just because of his defensive smarts and high work ethic. JT has defensive smarts and high work ethic, is he comparable to Cizikas too?

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
Agreed. Nothing irks me more than the comparisons to Cizikas just because of his work ethic and defensive ability. It's short-selling his offensive skillset by a large margin to group him in with essentially a career 3rd line player.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Who says he's going to play center? He's played a lot of wing thus far and with his goal scoring ability, you and others still undersell his offensive upside by comparing him to Cizikas of all players just because of his defensive smarts and high work ethic. JT has defensive smarts and high work ethic, is he comparable to Cizikas too?

I clearly said he's a better Cizikas, meaning he has more offensive game. Tavares and Cizikas don't play a similar game, Beauvillier and Ciizkas do and they're similar in frame.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
I clearly said he's a better Cizikas, meaning he has more offensive game. Tavares and Cizikas don't play a similar game, Beauvillier and Ciizkas do and they're similar in frame.

You said more talented Cizikas, and you also said he would end up a 2nd or 3rd liner, which is still underrating his offensive game. You make him seem like his upside is a better Cizikas and that's basically what he is right now.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
You said more talented Cizikas, and you also said he would end up a 2nd or 3rd liner, which is still underrating his offensive game. You make him seem like his upside is a better Cizikas and that's basically what he is right now.

I'm not going to debate semantics with you. They're similar players in how they play the game, that's why I made the comparison. If you don't see it and want to harp on this offensive stuff, that's on you.

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
My argument is with you saying his upside is a 2nd/3rd liner, a better Cizikas. His upside is a 1st/2nd line player, a la Bergeron. That's not semantics. That's a fundamental disagreement in his offensive capabilities and ultimate upside.

Reactions: xIsle

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
My argument is with you saying his upside is a 2nd/3rd liner, a better Cizikas. His upside is a 1st/2nd line player, a la Bergeron. That's not semantics. That's a fundamental disagreement in his offensive capabilities and ultimate upside.

He will not be a first liner on a good team.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
He will not be a first liner on a good team.
Oh good? You already know it? Do you think Brad Marchand is a first line player in a bad team? (the Bruins made the playoffs last season BTW) Because at the same age (20 yo), Marchand collected 59 points (with 18 goals)in 79 games in the AHL. There was nothing to suggest that he would become as good as he is today.

In your place, I would give up such childish predictions.

Reactions: Konk

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
grittier Nielsen with a better shot.

Nielsen is a smoother skater and better playmaker.

I agree with the more talented Cizikas comparison.

That said he’s the kind of player winning teams need; he’ll contribute in many ways.

Reactions: PWJunior

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I have to say last year Beauvillier never struck me as a potential top six player, but this year he looks different so far. Only two games in, but I am impressed with his ability to control the puck this year. He is going to the net and doing a lot of the little things right.

When we drafted him Pierre brought up how he could play every position in the lineup besides first line center and I am seeing why he said that now. Dude is starting to show his potential, let's just hope he keeps it up.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
This place is nuts.... you can't even compare a player with Cizikas, even if you like him and what he brings to the team without getting bombarded? I think we can all agree that Beauvillier looks awesome, and we should all hope he ends up being a 60 point, defensively sound top six forward.

Reactions: PK Cronin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad