Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Costigan77

Oct 7, 2014
Manhasset, NY
Beauvillier reminds me a lot of a guy like Tambellini, I don't think he'll ever stick as a top-6 player and is he really suited for a bottom 6 role? I don't think so.

Wrist shot extraordinaire Jeff Tambellini????

I think Beau is a little grittier than Tambo.

Little known fact---Tambellini was in the AHL last year and I believe had 50 points

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
Beau needs better line mates and consistent ice time. He is young but improving. The reality is we don't have better options. I'm all for sending him down if we had a better option. Quine or Prince are not a better options

Reactions: dood

Sparksrus3

NYI - THE TEAM WITH NO ❤️
Jun 2, 2012
I remember when Bailey was in his 3rd season he was getting close
to the 160 games limit before waivers would be required.
He was struggling. Finally the Isles sent him down for a few weeks
As that number got right to the edge. At least that's how I remember it.
Since Beau also came right to the NHL from JR hockey
that rule applies. We still have time. He is just about 100 games
played. He needs a shakeup . Sending him down will not hurt
Our broken team any worse right now . Let him be the second line center down there and work his way up . Might have a whole new
Player by springtime and if the playoffs are there for us he might be a good post season addition to the roster .
If we are going to keep guys like Prince and Quine and Chimera and Sherifff Woody around why not Give this kid a reboot.
Accepting mediocrity was not his game pre islanders . Let him
find that again . Maybe he comes back and teaches these guys something about spirit

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I remember when Bailey was in his 3rd season he was getting close
to the 160 games limit before waivers would be required.
He was struggling. Finally the Isles sent him down for a few weeks
As that number got right to the edge. At least that's how I remember it.
Since Beau also came right to the NHL from JR hockey
that rule applies. We still have time. He is just about 100 games
played. He needs a shakeup . Sending him down will not hurt
Our broken team any worse right now . Let him be the second line center down there and work his way up . Might have a whole new
Player by springtime and if the playoffs are there for us he might be a good post season addition to the roster .
If we are going to keep guys like Prince and Quine and Chimera and Sherifff Woody around why not Give this kid a reboot.
Accepting mediocrity was not his game pre islanders . Let him
find that again . Maybe he comes back and teaches these guys something about spirit

Why are you typing like it's a poem? It's difficult to read.

Reactions: YearlyLottery

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
With proper exercise and nutrition, any growing young man can put on PLENTLY muscle barring serious illness or disease.

Beauvillier is no exception, muscle doesn't score goals either (unless your Anders Lee) , skill and hockey smarts do. Strange thing is, he seems to have skill and IQ but is not contributing. His point totals last year and this year don't pop off the page, he seemed to look best on a line with Ho-Sang, I think he needs to play on a speed line and we'll see a jump in production.

Kid could be a real good role player in the future, however, if he was coveted enough to be put in a package for a top-4 D, it's definitely something worth sleeping on.
Absolutely, which is why I think his days are numbered with the Isles.

Nassau Revisited

Jun 16, 2017
Everything about his game screams no confidence. At this point in his career he belongs in the AHL.

He has very limited puck touches per game and when he does have the puck its like a hot potato

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I'm honestly shocked he hasn't been sent down.

It's so obvious he needs to be in the AHL

Richie Daggers Crime

Rugged individualist
Mar 8, 2004
Boise
You don't normally type in an annoying style

2OjLQEM.png

Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
Bump.

It is amazing to see what a player can do with some confidence in the lineup. A month ago he was nothing more than a third liner who is not strong on the puck. But now?

Now you are starting to see why he was such a scorer in juniors. The chemistry between him and Barzal has been awesome. Looking forward to seeing more of him. Make me look stupid Tito!

Reactions: dood and Konk

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I don't buy that the stint in the AHL did much for him. He played better last season when he was given more minutes and played with more skilled players. He's been given garbage for half of this season and the moment he's bumped up in the lineup he produces. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he just knows how to play the game and where he's supposed to be. Still needs more muscle though.

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I don't buy that the stint in the AHL did much for him. He played better last season when he was given more minutes and played with more skilled players. He's been given garbage for half of this season and the moment he's bumped up in the lineup he produces. I've said it before and I'll say it again, he just knows how to play the game and where he's supposed to be. Still needs more muscle though.

I do think the AHL stint helped his confidence a bit but I agree, playing with garbage was his biggest issue. If nothing else, the ahl stint made it clear to the coaching staff that he’s more capable than they expected at the moment

Reactions: Chairman Wang

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
I do think the AHL stint helped his confidence a bit but I agree, playing with garbage was his biggest issue. If nothing else, the ahl stint made it clear to the coaching staff that he’s more capable than they expected at the moment

Agree. Playing either better players is more likely to lead to sustainable long term results. But the AHL stint seemed to allow him to get his skating, timing and certainly confidence.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->