Player Discussion: Anthony Beauvillier

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Nice player who plays the game the right way. Will he be as good as Bergeron highly doubt it. I remember when some people here started comparing CDH to Karlson early on. The second most talented player on this team is Barzal. I would like to see Barzal with Tito on the same line. A great passer with a kid who has a good shot and hockey sense.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I love everything about him.

So do I.

Sure thing, Miss Cleo.

And you're not doing the same thing by emphatically disagreeing?

Oh good? You already know it? Do you think Brad Marchand is a first line player in a bad team? (the Bruins made the playoffs last season BTW) Because at the same age (20 yo), Marchand collected 59 points (with 18 goals)in 79 games in the AHL. There was nothing to suggest that he would become as good as he is today.

In your place, I would give up such childish predictions.

I don't care about Marchand. Want me to trot out the list of players fans thought were going to be the next [enter name here] that busted out of the league or turned into bottom six players?

Nielsen is a smoother skater and better playmaker.

I agree with the more talented Cizikas comparison.

That said he’s the kind of player winning teams need; he’ll contribute in many ways.

Absolutely.

I am hoping he can be and is off to a good start

I hope he can too, it'd be really nice.

This place is nuts.... you can't even compare a player with Cizikas, even if you like him and what he brings to the team without getting bombarded? I think we can all agree that Beauvillier looks awesome, and we should all hope he ends up being a 60 point, defensively sound top six forward.

Bingo.

Nice player who plays the game the right way. Will he be as good as Bergeron highly doubt it. I remember when some people here started comparing CDH to Karlson early on. The second most talented player on this team is Barzal. I would like to see Barzal with Tito on the same line. A great passer with a kid who has a good shot and hockey sense.

Wait, you mean those kinds of predictions typically aren't accurate?

Guys, I love Beauvillier, so can you stop treating my comparison as if I'm saying the kid is the reincarnation of Sim please?

LeapOnOver

Mackenzie is a hack!
Jan 23, 2011
Iksan, S. Korea
www.leaponover.com
Not here to play the comparison game, but I liked Beauvillier from the start. Even when folks were saying early this offseason to offload him for Duchene I said I'd rather move Barzal than Beauvillier (obviously now I don't want to move either). I also took umbrage with those suggesting he should start the season in the AHL. In the end Beauvillier is going to be a player like Nielsen where Islander fans will both underrate and overrate him in the same breath, always want to trade him for an upgrade, and then miss him if/when he's gone. (guess I lied about the comparison game)

Konk

Mar 11, 2008
And you're not doing the same thing by emphatically disagreeing?
Would you consider Bailey a 2nd/3rd line player?
This place is nuts.... you can't even compare a player with Cizikas, even if you like him and what he brings to the team without getting bombarded? I think we can all agree that Beauvillier looks awesome, and we should all hope he ends up being a 60 point, defensively sound top six forward.
How many 60 point 2nd liners were there in the NHL last season?

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Well...it didn't take you guys long to replace Hamonic and crown the new 'most overrated' player on the team.

Guy is gonna be a nice player but jeez common...

Reactions: YearlyLottery

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
Well...it didn't take you guys long to replace Hamonic and crown the new 'most overrated' player on the team.

Guy is gonna be a nice player but jeez common...

Do you think 60 points and solid defensive play is out of the realm? He's already pretty solid defensively.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't care about Marchand. Want me to trot out the list of players fans thought were going to be the next [enter name here] that busted out of the league or turned into bottom six players?

I think you did not quite understand where I was coming from: my goal is by no means to make the history of the players who have succeeded or not! But rather to point out the ridicule of your prediction said with panache! : "he will not be a 1st liner on a good team!" Oh really? How can you know that?
I brought the example of Marchand, who made some of them lie. They no doubt saw in him nothing more than a middle-six guy when he started his pro career..

My point of view is that "potentially" speaking, the upside of Beauvillier is that of a 1st line player (that does not mean that he will reach it). Hence the reason why I do not like your comparison with Cizikas who never at all ever show this same potential. Cizikas is more in the mold of a Claude Lapointe and I do not think it would come to anyone's mind (well I hope) to compare Beauvillier to Lapointe.

Reactions: Konk

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Would you consider Bailey a 2nd/3rd line player?

How many 60 point 2nd liners were there in the NHL last season?

42 players hit 60+ points last season, so there are surely a few. Is Jonathan Toews a 2nd liner, how about Eric Staal, Phil Kessel, William Nylander? There are varying degrees of 2nd and 3rd line players. Jordan Staal was an exception 3rd line center for the Penguins when they won their first cup. Beauvillier will be a good player, but he won't be a John Tavares type, and that's why he'll end up on the 2nd or 3rd line if he sticks around with the Isles. I am also thinking he'll be a center and not a winger.

I think you did not quite understand where I was coming from: my goal is by no means to make the history of the players who have succeeded or not! But rather to point out the ridicule of your prediction said with panache! : "he will not be a 1st liner on a good team!" Oh really? How can you know that?
I brought the example of Marchand, who made some of them lie. They no doubt saw in him nothing more than a middle-six guy when he started his pro career..

My point of view is that "potentially" speaking, the upside of Beauvillier is that of a 1st line player (that does not mean that he will reach it). Hence the reason why I do not like your comparison with Cizikas who never at all ever show this same potential. Cizikas is more in the mold of a Claude Lapointe and I do not think it would come to anyone's mind (well I hope) to compare Beauvillier to Lapointe.

The comparison isn't about skill, it's about how they play the game. Cizikas and Beauvillier have a lot of similarities with the defense, their willingness to grind, and their effort level. That's it. Nowhere did I say Beauvillier and Cizikas are alike in their offensive upside. They just play in a similar manner.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
I think if the Isles' can get a d man at the deadline, Beau will be part of the package.

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011

I'm going to say they send down Beauvillier once Cizikas is ready to go and Prince is ready to be activated.

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
I dont mind Chimera on the 4th line that is where he belongs, but I do have a problem sitting Ho Sang for Prince. That cannot happen.

crasherino

May 9, 2013
I dont mind Chimera on the 4th line that is where he belongs, but I do have a problem sitting Ho Sang for Prince. That cannot happen.

I'm going to say they send down Beauvillier once Cizikas is ready to go and Prince is ready to be activated.

I like the fact that Prince is practicing on the right side. If he could play there he would be a lot more valuable as the 13th forward.

xIsle

Oct 24, 2006
Montreal
Beauvillier needs to be send down. He needs to play more often as any young player of his age, he needs to play a more offensive role (that's why he was drafted in the first round). Since he is in the NHL, he seems to play only a role of "stopgap". I don't think giving him a role alongside Chimera or Clutterbuck is a good role for him. It's a role you can give to Quine or to Gionta, but giving it to Beauvillier seems absurd to me. Why don't we give him an offensive role in the American league? Why still use him as a stopgap? And moreover, it's obvious that his confidence seems shaken. What better than a stay with Bridgeport and to give him (finally!) a real offensive role to restore confidence and hope to put him back on track? It's getting ridiculous...

Reactions: dood

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Lets wait and see what Prince can do.It's a new season and the game has changed...so maybe we come out on top. Maybe he rips it up and we trade him for a player we could really use

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Our bottom two lines are gonna suck even more now with Cizikas out. Hopefully it isn't serious cuz that 4th line is gonna be a trainwreck with Beau & Chimmer playing together.

It's good to see Prince is almost ready tho...but damn we really need a centre.

Sheva7

Work Hahd Play Smaht
Oct 11, 2011
Beauvillier needs to be send down. He needs to play more often as any young player of his age, he needs to play a more offensive role (that's why he was drafted in the first round). Since he is in the NHL, he seems to play only a role of "stopgap". I don't think giving him a role alongside Chimera or Clutterbuck is a good role for him. It's a role you can give to Quine or to Gionta, but giving it to Beauvillier seems absurd to me. Why don't we give him an offensive role in the American league? Why still use him as a stopgap? And moreover, it's obvious that his confidence seems shaken. What better than a stay with Bridgeport and to give him (finally!) a real offensive role to restore confidence and hope to put him back on track? It's getting ridiculous...

Agree completely. This team (and most fans) insist on treating him like he's Daniel Briere lol.

It's so obvious that the kid is in over his head. Send him down already and let him get better.

redbull

Boss
Mar 24, 2008
Prince and Quine do nothing for me. I'd much rather see Beauvillier who's far better defensively and has much higher upside. Beauvillier, for all his "slumping" and lack of offensive production this year, is a very good player without the puck.

Quine's been okay this year, but I recall last year, both Quine and Prince were a MESS in their own end. Isles have enough of that.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Prince and Quine do nothing for me. I'd much rather see Beauvillier who's far better defensively and has much higher upside. Beauvillier, for all his "slumping" and lack of offensive production this year, is a very good player without the puck.

Quine's been okay this year, but I recall last year, both Quine and Prince were a MESS in their own end. Isles have enough of that.

Quine, Prince, and Chimera all in the lineup would be a nightmare for me.

Reactions: dood and Eberzal

Lame Lambert

Fire Lou
Mar 5, 2015
Quine, Prince, and Chimera all in the lineup would be a nightmare for me.

We are not a playoff team with all three of them in the lineup. Cizikas needs to be our 3C between Nelson and Ho-Sang, and Quine can center the fourth with Prince and Clutterbuck. Chimera can be shot into space.

Reactions: dood

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad