Andrei Vasilevskiy's insane season

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
35 games NHL break
-Vasilevskiy 29 starts 23 wins 2.13 GAA .932
-Budaj 6 starts 3 wins 3.67 GAA .878

At this pace Vasilevskiy will smash the historic NHL record for Most Wins in 1 Season
82 games 67 Starts 54 wins

04ad131e4ad10c00a6e1163b701facb4.png

Holtby deservedly won his Vezina by tieing the all times games won at 48 game and 0.922 save %

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
This title is so cheesey bad that it actually makes me hope that he does putrid the rest of the way out of spite.

Ainec

Panetta was not racist
Jun 20, 2009
This title is so cheesey bad that it actually makes me hope that he does putrid the rest of the way out of spite.

What's wrong with his name? whatever you hope for seems to have the opposite effect

kopitar 2 points last 6 games played

Saku11

Jan 25, 2010
I V think the guy will choke in spring when its time to actyally work hard.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
This guy is elite, best goalie in the NHL already. Generational goalie, if you project out his skill-set with his production. He should be the next Price. 6'4 and the NHL's most athletic goalie. He's an athletic freak with polish and great career production through all the different levels. Why are forwards and defensemen considered generational but goalies aren't?

Penguin and Duck fans were mad when I was pointing out that he has ability their goalies just don't have, he's showing it now. I fully expect him to win the Vezina this year, and win a number of more Vezina's in upcoming years.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
What's wrong with his name? whatever you hope for seems to have the opposite effect

kopitar 2 points last 6 games played

What makes you think I've been hoping for Kopitar... Cause I haven't.

But Vezinaevsky (throw up) I will.

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
This guy is elite, best goalie in the NHL already. Generational goalie, if you project out his skill-set with his production. He should be the next Price. 6'4 and the NHL's most athletic goalie. He's an athletic freak with polish and great career production through all the different levels. Why are forwards and defensemen considered generational but goalies aren't?

Penguin and Duck fans were mad when I was pointing out that he has ability their goalies just don't have, he's showing it now. I fully expect him to win the Vezina this year, and win a number of more Vezina's in upcoming years.

Well, this might be going a bit too far. Murray and Gibson are awesome, but I agree he has a little bit more of talent than them.

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
it's good to see the past arguments against Quick being used against Vasilevskiy

except this is with .933 and not .915

Quick's SV% is a result of being on such a strong defensive team. If you notice, the Kings THIS YEAR aren't as good of a shot suppressing team this year as they were under Sutter. It's not a surprise that you see a rise in his SV%.

Every goalie has a lower cumulative SV% when they face fewer than 30 shots, than when they face 30 or more shots. And that is even the case after EXCLUDING games where the goalie gets pulled due to injury or poor play. I have yet to find a single goalie where he has a higher cumulative SV% in his lower shot volume games.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Well, this might be going a bit too far. Murray and Gibson are awesome, but I agree he has a little bit more of talent than them.

I think he is. Look at his SV%. He's been the best goalie in the NHL this season, and it should only continue. When McDavid was the best player in the NHL last season, people didn't hold off saying he's now the best player in the NHL.

ViD

#CBJNeedHugs
Sponsor
Apr 21, 2007
Blue Jackets Area
Even though a lot of people are saying he’s just a product of an elite team, when a goalie leads in every major stat category, you just can’t deny it anymore , he’s currently # 1 in Vezina charts.

Agree?

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
You Lightning haters need to stop with these praise threads. We are gonna get killed! We are never gonna stop being gonna get killed.

We. Are. Lousy!

Now stop these reverse jinx attempts because it's NEVER gonna work

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Isn’t there another thread about this?

And who doesn’t think he’s a front runner?
There were several people in that thread that said he isn't a front runner because he's on a good team, and would rather give it to known goalies like Crawford or Bob.

Frolov 6'3

Unregistered User
Jun 7, 2003
The Netherlands
Quick's SV% is a result of being on such a strong defensive team. If you notice, the Kings THIS YEAR aren't as good of a shot suppressing team this year as they were under Sutter. It's not a surprise that you see a rise in his SV%.

Every goalie has a lower cumulative SV% when they face fewer than 30 shots, than when they face 30 or more shots. And that is even the case after EXCLUDING games where the goalie gets pulled due to injury or poor play. I have yet to find a single goalie where he has a higher cumulative SV% in his lower shot volume games.
I read somewhere Quick only faced 35+ Shots 16 times between 2014 and 2017.

People still do not get it how little quality chances the Kings have been giving up the last years. Top 3 every season since 2010 in shots against per game. His extremely low GAA is a result of that but it also affects his SV%.

I just do not get it why people keep refering to his SV% as being low. There is more to the picture. Brodeur had + .920% only three times in his career. Kings and those Devils teams played very similar.

I think Crawford deserves some praise. Never thought I would say this.

Last edited:

SladeWilson23

I keep my promises.
Sponsor
Nov 3, 2014
New Jersey
I read somewhere Quick only faced 35+ Shots 16 times between 2014 and 2017.

People still do not get it how little quality chances the Kings have been giving up the last years. Top 3 every season since 2010 in shots against per game. His extremely low GAA is a result of that but it also affects his SV%.

I just do not get it why people keep refering to his SV% as being low. There is more to the picture. Brodeur had + .920% only three times in his career. Kings and those Devils teams played very similar.

I think Crawford deserves some praise. Never thought I would say this.

Quick in his career has faced 30 shots only 159 times out of 487 games of 50 minutes or more. Out of the top 35 recently active goalies in GP, he has the lowest percentage of games of 30 shots or more.

I made this list.

Bottom line is, when goalies face such few shots so many times, they actually face a higher percentage of high quality chances. It all seems counter intuitive, but it's actually 100% true which is why people have such a hard time grasping this.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad