Speculation: Anders Lee done for the season, what does Lou do?

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
They need Wood/Palmieri and Hall IMO. Lee is a big hole in the lineup that one player on the market isn’t going to fix and this is coming from a Caps fan who doesn’t particularly like alee the player.

As an Isles fan, sign me up for Wood. However, that is essentially an upgrade on Dal Colle. Not a fan of Palmieri , our RW of Eberle, Bailey , Wahlstrom and Clutterbuck are fine.

You are spot on regarding the trade market not offering anyone who can fill Lee's VOID. It'll take two moves to offset his absence, with one move being for a game breaking talent.

Reactions: ThreeLeftSkates

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
I can see him definitely being a target. Islanders have some cap space now but this is a pure rental unlike last season where they had every intention of signing Pageau once they traded for him.

Well they could re-sign Ryan, I kind of hope they don't as I would like Detroit to sign him to a 2 year deal.

Go Wings

Sep 26, 2009
Chatham, ON
Without getting into the nitty-gritty details... would an expanded deal involving Ladd and a 1st instead of a second work?

Also wouldn't mind taking back another depth d-man contract to put on the taxi squad. I feel there are many possible scenarios involving the Wings.

But what I would hope to accomplish is have the Isles pay a slightly higher premium for a fill-in, while moving some cap.

Ladd is tough not sure Detroit wants to take on bad contracts. They could easily do it but I honestly do not know if Yzerman will. Staal was different because he only had 1 year left.

Yah for sure we could easily expand the deal to throw in a depth dman for a later round pick. We have Nemeth, Merrill or Biega.

I do think the Isles and Wings are good trade partners this deadline.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
I don't know that they would first of all. I think it would be because Guerin realizes that as well as they are doing, MN is not a Cup contender this year. They are likely going to have to beat Vegas and CO just to get out of their division...I can see one, but not both. Better to take what we can from an expiring contract and live to fight another day.

It's been made clear unless wild fall, Guerin isn't trading any players including free agents from this year's team

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
If im Lou i don't care shit about picks right now. Forsberg would be awesome and makes one of their young wingers expendable (Bellows?) when you add Lee back into the mix next year.

Definitely a package there that could make it work.

And if the price is too high i guess there's never a better time to try out Hall as a 1/2 year rental for cheap-ish.

I don't like Palmieri as a fit.. doesn't really replace anything Lee brought (at least Forsberg has some size) and the top 6 starts to look like a bunch of smurfs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $50.00
    Event closes
    • Updated: