Speculation: Anders Lee done for the season, what does Lou do?

HBK27

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Northern NJ
From lurking on the Devils boards, I'm not really a Palmieri fan. They sure seem to hate him there.

To be fair, we hate a lot of our players right now - particularly our high paid veteran forwards. Zajac, Palmieri, Gusev & Johnsson are the 4 highest paid forwards on the Devils (excluding the injured Hischier) with a combined $18.3M cap hit this season ($4.575M per player) - they've combined for 34 points in 91 games or a 31 point pace over an 82 game season.

Meanwhile, Wood, Bratt, Zacha, Hughes, Kuokkanen and Sharangovich have combined for 77 points in 143 games, scoring at a 44 point pace over and 82 game season. These 6 players combine for a $10.26M cap hit or $1.7M per player.

Palmieri has been the best of those 4 veteran forwards, but we're rather ticked that none of them are pulling their weight this season given their contracts and presumed leadership roles on this team.

GrandmaSlices51631

Dec 12, 2013
Long Beach
From lurking on the Devils boards, I'm not really a Palmieri fan. They sure seem to hate him there.

Isles fans are enamored with him because he is from LI, despite playing the opposite wing (RW) we are in need of and having an abysmal season.

I mean picture this headline ,"Kyle Palmieri deadline acquisition leads Islanders to the SCF" , thats material for the Onion if I've ever seen it.

Soundgarden

Jul 22, 2008
Spring Hill, TN
If im Lou i don't care shit about picks right now. Forsberg would be awesome and makes one of their young wingers expendable (Bellows?) when you add Lee back into the mix next year.

Definitely a package there that could make it work.

And if the price is too high i guess there's never a better time to try out Hall as a 1/2 year rental for cheap-ish.

I don't like Palmieri as a fit.. doesn't really replace anything Lee brought (at least Forsberg has some size) and the top 6 starts to look like a bunch of smurfs.

I’d love Forsberg but have no idea on the price.

Forsberg or Rakell

Forsberg isn't available and if he were he'd cost a lot.

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
Ideally they will look for someone who can fill Lees presence in front of goal, especially on the power play. That being said, I fully expect them to do a double deal for Palmieri and Kulikov.

Monsieur Verdoux

Dec 6, 2016
Finland
Ideally they will look for someone who can fill Lees presence in front of goal, especially on the power play. That being said, I fully expect them to do a double deal for Palmieri and Kulikov.
Kulikov has been a pleasant surprise this season.

When we are talking about Palms, it's good to remenber: "Despite the same usual expected goal rate, Palmieri is converting far less frequently at both evens and with the man advantage. He’s scored on over 10 percent of his shots in every season of his career but is at 6.8 percent this season. That’ll come back around and when it does he’ll be back to being a useful top-six scorer."

NHL trade deadline: Analyzing the top available players (paywall)

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
To be fair, we hate a lot of our players right now - particularly our high paid veteran forwards. Zajac, Palmieri, Gusev & Johnsson are the 4 highest paid forwards on the Devils (excluding the injured Hischier) with a combined $18.3M cap hit this season ($4.575M per player) - they've combined for 34 points in 91 games or a 31 point pace over an 82 game season.

Meanwhile, Wood, Bratt, Zacha, Hughes, Kuokkanen and Sharangovich have combined for 77 points in 143 games, scoring at a 44 point pace over and 82 game season. These 6 players combine for a $10.26M cap hit or $1.7M per player.

Palmieri has been the best of those 4 veteran forwards, but we're rather ticked that none of them are pulling their weight this season given their contracts and presumed leadership roles on this team.
Well, hang in because I like those players as well. I was almost happier to see the old players out on the instead of those young guys. Plus, your Captains out. I expect a lot of trouble from Devils in coming years.

I’d take Palmieri but not overpay.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
How about:

To Buffalo:

Wahlstrom
Ladd
2021 2nd (Col)
2022 1st

To NYI:

Reinhart
Hall

Or something of around those parts. I know Wahlstrom would be a tough pill to swallow but I think both Reinhart and Hall would excel in a situation like they have in New York. The situation in Buffalo is a shit show and the players are way too comfortable. If you take these two and put them on the Islanders, where they are outsiders coming into a team focused on winning a cup, that could be the type of situation where you could see them play their best.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
How about:

To Buffalo:

Wahlstrom
Ladd
2021 2nd (Col)
2022 1st

To NYI:

Reinhart
Hall

Or something of around those parts. I know Wahlstrom would be a tough pill to swallow but I think both Reinhart and Hall would excel in a situation like they have in New York. The situation in Buffalo is a shit show and the players are way too comfortable. If you take these two and put them on the Islanders, where they are outsiders coming into a team focused on winning a cup, that could be the type of situation where you could see them play their best.

No thanks, Wahlstrom has all the tools to be a 30-40 goal scorer, is cost controlledd, exempt from expansion, abd still just 20 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Finland vs Norway
    Finland vs Norway
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $300.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Slovakia vs USA
    Slovakia vs USA
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $150.00