Speculation: Anders Lee done for the season, what does Lou do?

Ledge And Dairy

4 teams the past 6 seasons...that kind of is bouncing around. I'd still take him mind you...but his 2 goals in 28 games really makes him tough for Buffalo to move for a reasonable price.
I guess if you just ignore his 14 assists thrn yeah he looks like an overpaid 4th liner.

As for bouncing around. He was traded from Edmonton because 1. Chia's an idiot, and 2. Positional need. He was traded from NJ, a rebuilding team, to a "Contender" in the last year of his contract, then he signed a 1 year deal elsewhere. Calling that "bouncing around" is pretty ignorant to what actually happened. He's not some 13th forward trying to keep a job

Reactions: Islanders10

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
I guess if you just ignore his 14 assists thrn yeah he looks like an overpaid 4th liner.

As for bouncing around. He was traded from Edmonton because 1. Chia's an idiot, and 2. Positional need. He was traded from NJ, a rebuilding team, to a "Contender" in the last year of his contract, then he signed a 1 year deal elsewhere. Calling that "bouncing around" is pretty ignorant to what actually happened. He's not some 13th forward trying to keep a job

I clearly never said he was a 13th forward so let's not strawman here. However, this year he's not playing like a former Hart winner either. Not even close. 16 points in 28 games isn't really what many expected him.

Bouncing around just means going from one team to another...which he has been doing (especially if it becomes 5 teams in 6 years). That's not necessarily a bad thing, but it is a thing.

ScaredStreit

May 5, 2006
Tampa, FL
How about:

To Buffalo:

Wahlstrom
Ladd
2021 2nd (Col)
2022 1st

To NYI:

Reinhart
Hall

Or something of around those parts. I know Wahlstrom would be a tough pill to swallow but I think both Reinhart and Hall would excel in a situation like they have in New York. The situation in Buffalo is a shit show and the players are way too comfortable. If you take these two and put them on the Islanders, where they are outsiders coming into a team focused on winning a cup, that could be the type of situation where you could see them play their best.

With all due respect that's an awful trade for NYI.

BigFatCat999

First Fubu and now Pred303. !@#$! you cancer
Apr 23, 2007
Campbell, NY
He asks which Predator does Barry Trotz want. He then calls old friend David Poile and offers the farm for said players.

EDIT: Which also screws in division rival Philly

Reactions: uncleben

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
With all due respect that's an awful trade for NYI.

I mean I wouldn’t do it from an Isles perspective. I also think Wahlstrom is better suited for what the Isles need. But...

Wahlstrom and a second for Reinhart is decent value. I still wouldn’t do it though.

Hall for Ladd and a first is a good trade. I would do this. Even add a b-prospect or conditional pick.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Thinking outside the box, maybe the Islanders can somehow trade for Zajac, Pallmieri and Vatanen while Dumping Ladd. Islanders need the center and defense depth, plus scoring depth. NJ has capspace to take on Ladd and instead of getting a bunch of small things might get one very good package(First + Bellows +)

thewookie1

Jan 21, 2015
Hall(50%) for Komorov, Bellows, 2021 NYI 1st and 2022 NYI 3rd. The 1st would be lottery protected.

GoJetsGo55

Apr 14, 2009
Winnipeg, MB
How about:

To Buffalo:

Wahlstrom
Ladd
2021 2nd (Col)
2022 1st

To NYI:

Reinhart
Hall

Or something of around those parts. I know Wahlstrom would be a tough pill to swallow but I think both Reinhart and Hall would excel in a situation like they have in New York. The situation in Buffalo is a shit show and the players are way too comfortable. If you take these two and put them on the Islanders, where they are outsiders coming into a team focused on winning a cup, that could be the type of situation where you could see them play their best.

So not only do they get screwed on the assets coming back, they take on a massive cap dump.....NICE!

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple

"Uh, so.. 4 1sts for 1.5 yrs of Forsberg? He’s UFA after next season. No ones doing that."
Gotta pay market rate.
He is the best in 2 highly desired categories, C and scorer.
Also, it is not automatic he would not renew.
You get dibs on that extension.
could be a Pageau like situation, and expect Preds would allow talks beforehand

"Let me guess- the offer from NYR
- Geo
- Buch
- Kravtsov
- and some kinda thing where NYR gets some 1sts, and gives back 2nds"

NY not trying for Forsberg.
GMJG will be sellers of vets, not buyers of them

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
"Uh, so.. 4 1sts for 1.5 yrs of Forsberg? He’s UFA after next season. No ones doing that."
Gotta pay market rate.
He is the best in 2 highly desired categories, C and scorer.
Also, it is not automatic he would not renew.
You get dibs on that extension.
could be a Pageau like situation, and expect Preds would allow talks beforehand

"Let me guess- the offer from NYR
- Geo
- Buch
- Kravtsov
- and some kinda thing where NYR gets some 1sts, and gives back 2nds"

NY not trying for Forsberg.
GMJG will be sellers of vets, not buyers of them
He’s not a center, he’s a left winger.

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
So not only do they get screwed on the assets coming back, they take on a massive cap dump.....NICE!
I think it's pretty fair. The Sabres are about to be going through at least antother mini rebuild so a two year 4.3 million deal like Ladd's won't hamper the future at all. You are getting a 2nd and Wahlstrom for Reinhart which I think is fair value considering Reinhart has one year of arbitration if he decideshe wants to go free agency. You are able to get the 1st for Hall by taking on Ladd's contract. The NYI are a serious cup contender right now, so having that extra cap space available will be important to them.

Like I said the deal seems very fair to me, that's why I posted it. If you have an objection, why not lay out your thoughts instead of just complaining about how the Sabres are getting screwed.

PWJunior

Stay safe!
Apr 11, 2010
Long Island, NY
I think it's pretty fair. The Sabres are about to be going through at least antother mini rebuild so a two year 4.3 million deal like Ladd's won't hamper the future at all. You are getting a 2nd and Wahlstrom for Reinhart which I think is fair value considering Reinhart has one year of arbitration if he decideshe wants to go free agency. You are able to get the 1st for Hall by taking on Ladd's contract. The NYI are a serious cup contender right now, so having that extra cap space available will be important to them.

Like I said the deal seems very fair to me, that's why I posted it. If you have an objection, why not lay out your thoughts instead of just complaining about how the Sabres are getting screwed.

-The Isles are in the market for a LW and have cap space for one due to the Anders Lee injury.

-There is also no urgency to get rid of Ladd's contract right now.

-Wahlstrom is in the first year of his ELC and is blossoming, he is the kind of asset the Isles need more of and not trading for a player who is more expensive and on the verge of arbitration. Besides, the Isles and the Reinhart clan really don't mix and Wahlstrom seems to be fitting in quite nicely.

-Why would the Isles include their 2022 1st when they have their 2021 1st to offer up in a trade? Is it because it's projected to be a better draft class?

You may think it's fair, but I think it's absolutely brutal for my Isles. A deal for Hall for the 2021 1st is the range of a possible deal. That "makes sense" because it actually addresses needs and is in the realm of possibility. Cut out all the fluff that is clearly skewed in Buffalo's favor IMO.

Last edited:

SRHRangers

Aug 18, 2020
I think Belllows is going to get every chance to make this work before Lou flinched.

This team is so stacked.

Reactions: PROMputt

The Red Helmet

Dec 19, 2007
-The Isles are in the market for a LW and have cap space for one due to the Anders Lee injury.

-There is also no urgency to get rid of Ladd's contract right now.

-Wahlstrom is in the first year of his ELC and is blossoming, he is the kind of asset the Isles need more of and not trading for a player who is more expensive and on the verge of arbitration. Besides, the Isles and the Reinhart clan really don't mix and Wahlstrom seems to be fitting in quite nicely.

-Why would the Isles include their 2022 1st when they have their 2021 1st to offer up in a trade? Is it because it's projected to be a better draft class?

You may think it's fair, but I think it's absolutely brutal for my Isles. A deal for Hall for the 2021 1st is the range of a possible deal. That "makes sense" because it actually addresses needs and is in the realm of possibility. Cut out all the fluff that is clearly skewed in Buffalo's favor IMO.
It's not anywhere near absolutely brutal. Talk about hyperbole. Also, suggesting that the Isles wouldn't be interested in Sam Reinhart because of Griffin Reinhart is just ridiculous. The Isles are in cup contention this year and Reinhart is a better player than Wahlstrom right now, and there is no guarantee Wahlstrom is ever as good as Reinhart is right now.

Guttersniped

I like goalies who stop the puck
Sponsor
Dec 20, 2018
Thank you, I stand corrected; however why did I think Forsberg had been a pivot? Was he ever one? Projected can slide to C if nec?
just curious?
Anyhoo, again, thanks for the correction.
I can’t tell you why you thought Forsberg was a center. He was a winger in the 2012 draft and as far as I know he’s always played wing in the NHL.

Reactions: bernmeister

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Isles send 2021 1st, 2022 second, Kieffer Bellows, and Leo Komarov

Buff sends Taylor Hall and Eric Staal

Staal slots in on the “first” line with Barzal and Eberle, and Hall slots in on the “third” line with Pageau and Wahlstrom. Staal also acts as center depth in case someone gets hurt. Isles currently have 0 goals out of the 3LW spot, planting Hall there is a gargantuan upgrade, and I don’t think it makes sense to play him and Barzal together as they play sort of similarly. Isles roll 4 lines, get big PP upgrade which is their Achilles heel the last couple of seasons.

Staal - Barzal - Eberle
Beau - Nelson - Bailey
Hall - Pageau - Wahlstrom
MM - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

Olliemets

Mar 1, 2018
Croton on Hudson, NY
Isles send 2021 1st, 2022 second, Kieffer Bellows, and Leo Komarov

Buff sends Taylor Hall and Eric Staal

Staal slots in on the “first” line with Barzal and Eberle, and Hall slots in on the “third” line with Pageau and Wahlstrom. Staal also acts as center depth in case someone gets hurt. Isles currently have 0 goals out of the 3LW spot, planting Hall there is a gargantuan upgrade, and I don’t think it makes sense to play him and Barzal together as they play sort of similarly. Isles roll 4 lines, get big PP upgrade which is their Achilles heel the last couple of seasons.

Staal - Barzal - Eberle
Beau - Nelson - Bailey
Hall - Pageau - Wahlstrom
MM - Cizikas - Clutterbuck

I like this. Not a bad deal for Sabres. Still leaves us looking for a Vet Defenseman, if there are bullets left in the gun.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
No way. Dobson and Wahlstrom are building-blocks. Lou is not trading them. I mean, no one is untouchable in the right deal, but LL has to position the franchise for future success. 1.5 Years from UFA for Forsberg? No thanks.

agree from NYI side
howev Preds ask for most of this
but allow extens. negotiated before

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad