Speculation: Anders Lee done for the season, what does Lou do?

Sweetpotato

Jan 10, 2014
Edmonton
The fan in me wants to see him with Trotz, I think a few seasons in long island would push him into an incredible player, even better than he was in his hart season.

Last edited:

Taswell

Oct 4, 2017
Announced today, who do they go after? Hall, Palmieri, Forsberg, Staal, go!

Brett Connolly or Sam Bennett would be my choices, but knowing Lou he will probably go Palmieri whom I really don't want.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Nick Bjugstad is you man. Have the Three Musketeers from MN, all on the same team. He is already 50% retained by PIT. He is somehow scoring and not injured in MN this year.:dunno:

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
So then why would Minny trade him? Last I looked they were doing pretty good.
I don't know that they would first of all. I think it would be because Guerin realizes that as well as they are doing, MN is not a Cup contender this year. They are likely going to have to beat Vegas and CO just to get out of their division...I can see one, but not both. Better to take what we can from an expiring contract and live to fight another day.

SCMURRAY

Jul 6, 2016
Long Island
I can see Lou going for Palmieri. Hall I think would actually play quite well with Trotz but may cost too much. I can see them adding a depth dman too. Merill, Hutton, Vatanen?

Reactions: goal1228

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Bobby Ryan he isn't going to cost more than a 2nd and his cap hit is only a million.
I can see him definitely being a target. Islanders have some cap space now but this is a pure rental unlike last season where they had every intention of signing Pageau once they traded for him.

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
Will be interesting to see who Lou will get. I think he will get someone. I would not mind taking a chance on Bobby Ryan

Islesfan22

Jan 15, 2013
Rockland
They need Wood/Palmieri and Hall IMO. Lee is a big hole in the lineup that one player on the market isn’t going to fix and this is coming from a Caps fan who doesn’t particularly like alee the player.
No they don’t lol. They have Wahlstrom who is playing really well and Bellows has looked since replacing Lee.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Target a top 6 winger

Forsberg, Rakell, Gaudreau, Voracek (if hes in the market), Hall(if jaw isnt broken), Palmeri(lowest cost but worst player), Laine (if CBJ sells him),

CupHolders

Really Fries My Bananas!
Aug 8, 2006
Bobby Ryan he isn't going to cost more than a 2nd and his cap hit is only a million.

Without getting into the nitty-gritty details... would an expanded deal involving Ladd and a 1st instead of a second work?

Also wouldn't mind taking back another depth d-man contract to put on the taxi squad. I feel there are many possible scenarios involving the Wings.

But what I would hope to accomplish is have the Isles pay a slightly higher premium for a fill-in, while moving some cap.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00