And No One Dared Disturb the Sound of Silence (CBA & Lockout Discussion) XXII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hanklite*

Take it for what it's worth.

This is the most optimistic I have been since the NHLs first offer back in July.

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

NHL brass may want substantial revenue sharing as much as NHLPA, but it's in an awkward spot here. The most profitable franchise are ...

Aaron Portzline ‏@Aportzline

... also the most powerful, the ones who hold considerable sway w Gary Bettman. They don't want to share their $$$ w the poor stepchildren.

This is complete ********...the most profitable franchises are teams like the Rangers and Leafs and Habs. The teams running the show with Bettman are teams like the Bruins, Wild, Caps, etc.

They're not exactly the poor teams but they are definitely not the big money makers of the league.

Honeycutt

Jan 18, 2010
You would be glad to shell out $13,000 for a pair of season tickets to watch players at an ECHL level, Really ????

I would not shell out 13,000 for NHL season tickets. I did spend money on the 05/06 Blues which if you look at their roster was ECHL level.

Scottkmlps

Aug 25, 2003
Ladysmith, BC
Visit site
Sooooo....has anyone heard any quotes today from Bettman, Fehr, little Fehr or Daly regarding negotiations? No. So until then I think everyone should jump off the pessimistic bus.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Bob McKenzie ‏@TSNBobMcKenzie
The point of the last tweet was let's see where things are at the end of this day and not jump to any conclusions on partial info.

MrNasty

Jun 13, 2007
Nova Scotia
umm, no it's actually incredibly simple. Your analogy is terrible.

Player's share decreases, so costs for ALL teams decrease. Why is that fair when the rich teams that make tons of money every year will make even more?

Player's will decrease cost to help struggling teams, and the owner's will increase revenue sharing to help said struggling teams. Together, we hope all teams are viable (although Phoenix should probably still move).

To come to 50/50 in Year 3 is great. The first couple years is probably something to do with the "make-whole" concept.

I diagree obviously. Simple fact is all the salaries in the league go into a pot to determine how that relates to a percentage of HRR. All players put a portion of their salary into escrow each year and if the total pot is over the agreed upon % then all the players pay the difference. What makes the salaries go over the allotted percentage is mainly due to players that have very high salaries that exceed the cap hit. Thus all players have to compensate for it including the poorer ones.

Gberg

Oct 13, 2009
This is complete ********...the most profitable franchises are teams like the Rangers and Leafs and Habs. The teams running the show with Bettman are teams like the Bruins, Wild, Caps, etc.

They're not exactly the poor teams but they are definitely not the big money makers of the league.

But they are controlled by incredibly greedy owners. They aren't interested in making other struggling teams viable, merely interested in making more money.

HockeyGuruPitka

Jan 27, 2010
Toronto

Problem is Bettman can't force the hand of those who feed him. Unfortunately for the PA the teachers pension just sold the leafs for a massive amount of money and Rogers/Bell have yet to make a proffit. They are losing money and are in no possition to give up more in revenue sharing.

Boltsfan2029

Jul 8, 2002
In deleted threads
i mean in a 5k seat arena you can tell when it is half full and when it is full. but if you need documentation here you go

http://www.examiner.com/article/how-would-a-nhl-lockout-impact-the-ahl

end of arguement

Not exactly - that's prognosticating. I think the information that was being asked for is what has the attendance actually been in the AHL since the 2012 lockout began for those teams with NHL players. What it was in 2005 or what it was estimated it could be before the season started isn't really the answer.

bennysflyers16

Jan 26, 2004
Just how expensive do you think tickets are for ECHL games?

It would be for NHL games, and in Wpg you have a committment for your tickets to see the Jets, no matter which players are on the ice. They put Bears in a Jets jersey, call int he NHL, and 2 P1's cost you $13,000

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Thanks for the info. Knowledge is power!! Now time to end this lockout get tarasenko over here and win the cup.

being an NYR fan the blues have become a favorite of mine as well. love what they are building. i agree, lets get going....

isles31

Poster Excellont
Feb 19, 2007
LI
Dwight_Schrute__Question____by_AngryDogDesigns_large.png

If this is supposed to be at some secret location, how are all these clowns posting twitter updates during the meeting? Seems like everything we're getting is pure assumption.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Not exactly - that's prognosticating. I think the information that was being asked for is what has the attendance actually been in the AHL since the 2012 lockout began for those teams with NHL players. What it was in 2005 or what it was estimated it could be before the season started isn't really the answer.

give me a break, you want to compare info of the past month against a full seasons collected info when contrasted against all the other years surrounding it?

Levitate

Jul 29, 2004
But they are controlled by incredibly greedy owners. They aren't interested in making other struggling teams viable, merely interested in making more money.

Well yes, that would be the case for every single owner in the NHL...even the ones who want revenue sharing aren't doing it for the "health of the league" but so they can get more money

The whole reason the NHLPA is pushing revenue sharing thing is that they think it will make the league in general more viable and hopefully keep future lockouts from happening/the owners from taking more of a split from them.

Well, that and hoping the smaller teams will spend more on player salaries as well

rdawg1234

Jul 2, 2012
So the PA made an offer to reach 50/50 by year 3? Is this linked?

and then they want 260 mil for rev sharing?

why not meet in the middle and ask 230 mil revenue sharing?

Deebo

Jan 28, 2005
Toronto
Dwight_Schrute__Question____by_AngryDogDesigns_large.png

If this is supposed to be at some secret location, how are all these clowns posting twitter updates during the meeting? Seems like everything we're getting is pure assumption.

People at the meetings have devices to communicate with, they probably send emails to people at the league or PA offices. Then information is leaked.

patnyrnyg

Sep 16, 2004
'Eh? The NHLPA is going higher in their demands instead of negotiating closer to a mid-point? That's... different.

Not exactly. They want the money they are giving up in salary to go into revenue sharing. In this proposal, they are giving up more $, so they want more revenue sharing. Think it is very reasonable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad